Uberti 73 carbine 22lr

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Uberti 73 carbine 22lr

Post by barbarossa »

F02F89CF-C4C1-4288-9290-4E583BCDC974.jpeg
This has come up recently and am seriously thinking on picking it up a Uberti 73 carbine in 22lr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Uberti 73 carbine 22lr

Post by gamekeeper »

I had one, 8) it had the correct butt plate and front sight, I believe but I maybe wrong that the later models were not as the original. It was plenty accurate and I took several rabbits at over 100 yds, unfortunately It hadn't been looked after too well before I got it and most of the screws were buggered and I couldn't tear it down for a complete cleaning. I tried to get replacements but it's not always easy in the UK. I still should have kept it but another Winchester 9422 came along and over here questions are asked if you want more than one rifle in the same caliber... :roll:
If I remember correctly I had a couple of light strikes and it didn't like Winchester subsonic ammo but was pretty reliable and accurate with everything else.
Landy942273-1.jpg
The 9422 next to it was a .22mag the one I replaced the 73 with was .22lr.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I actually had a Uberti 73 carbine myself before and I liked it a lot but sold it off after awhile to buy something else.The condition of this one is almost new and the only thing that makes me hesitate is if replacement parts that are for the 22 version alone are needed like the bolt and the extractor etc where can I get them .I know VTI has those parts for the Uberti 66 in 22lr as they still make them and I have a 22lr Uberti 66 carbine but I don t know if they will fit the 73 carbine.Also because of the condition being almost new the price of the 73 is way more than I paid for my old one so if something breaks I don t want to be stuck with something I can t get parts for
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:14 am I still should have kept it but another Winchester 9422 came along and over here questions are asked if you want more than one rifle in the same caliber... :roll:
Several states here would love nothing better than to follow the UK's lead and do the same thing. Fortunately, I live in a very free state.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Does Uberti still make limited runs of the 66 and 73 in 22lr or have they been totally discontinued?
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

They still make the 66 in 22lr in rifles and carbines.My 66 carbine is current manufacture and differs from the older version as the mag tube doesn t have the slot in it to load the shells ,you have to remove the tube all together to load the shells down the tube.As far as I know it the Uberti 73 rifles and carbines haven t been made in 22 since the 70s
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Is likely to break an extractor? Really, pulling 22's??
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

The extractor use to be a weak point on the early 66s in 22lr .I had one of the early ones and the extractor wasn’t broke but wore enough it couldn’t get the case out .I have read it was common on them at one time
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

barbarossa wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:16 am The extractor use to be a weak point on the early 66s in 22lr .I had one of the early ones and the extractor wasn’t broke but wore enough it couldn’t get the case out .I have read it was common on them at one time
👍🏻
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!