Who produced the most revolvers in 2021?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Who produced the most revolvers in 2021?

Post by JimT »

If you said Ruger or Smith & Wesson .... NOPE!

Heritage Mfg. Inc. --------- 492,584

Sturm, Ruger --------------- 276,999

Smith & Wesson ----------- 232,476

https://shootingindustry.com/discover/u ... oday-2023/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Who produced the most revolvers in 2021?

Post by GunnyMack »

That is interesting Jim, never would have thought that.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:40 pm If you said Ruger or Smith & Wesson .... NOPE!

Heritage Mfg. Inc. --------- 492,584

Sturm, Ruger --------------- 276,999

Smith & Wesson ----------- 232,476

https://shootingindustry.com/discover/u ... oday-2023/
don't want to jump to conclusions, does this suggest that it takes longer to make quality hardware ?
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Looking at those numbers it is small wonder that Ruger jumped into that sector with the Wrangler and now the Super Wrangler.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I guessed right! :D

But heck, at a bit over a c-note new, a lot of people buy one to put away. And a lot of people shoot them once and literally put them away. It's not that they are bad (though like all purists, I detest that lawyer-induced safety), but I know people who waded into the single-action revolver world through this low-cost option then decided it wasn't for them. So be it; at least they tried, and probably better that they did not drop a lot of money.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have a friend who bought his first single action revolver last year ... a Heritage .22 with the extra .22 Magnum cylinder. He really enjoys it and has been shooting it quite a bit. More power to him.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:45 pm don't want to jump to conclusions, does this suggest that it takes longer to make quality hardware ?
Possibly. Though with the CNC machinery these days production can be fairly high. I wonder if sometimes perhaps production is set by bean counters trying to read the market?
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

I imagine a lot of folks impulse buy Heritage revolvers. They are cheaper than some people’s weekend bar tab are are in every box store that sells handguns.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I immediately thought "Armscor"... but you said "revolvers".
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I never cared fir Heritage revolvers. I don't know why they put that goofy safety on a single action.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:17 pm
Grizz wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:45 pm don't want to jump to conclusions, does this suggest that it takes longer to make quality hardware ?
Possibly. Though with the CNC machinery these days production can be fairly high. I wonder if sometimes perhaps production is set by bean counters trying to read the market?
That's an idea, it would be sad if that's true.

BUT I'm cheap, I looked at Heritage and they didn't feel right. So I splurged on the Wrangler. :lol:

grizz
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:50 pm BUT I'm cheap, I looked at Heritage and they didn't feel right. So I splurged on the Wrangler. :lol:
grizz
Ruger is never a bad choice. I have never held a Heritage. I've seen them but wasn't attracted enough to pick one up. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I have a Heritage Rough Rider 45. It is made by Pietta with whatever their arrangement is for manufacturing. It is tighter and better grip frame to frame fitting than any of my Colts and has a one piece wood grip that is well fitted.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

B E W A R E

If you search for heritage arms .45 colt for sale this obviously fake site (only accepts crypto currency) comes-up first.....

https://heritagefirearmsusa.com/

Below is the real site and they don't sell their firearms factory direct but use the normal distributors.....

https://heritagemfg.com/

Good folk have been scammed of late. I personally know of a few who got ripped ordering non-existent percussion caps.
m.A.g.a. !
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

That's a lot of revolvers in 2021! :shock:

I have one of those Heritage revolvers - 22lr and 22Mag. Surprisingly accurate and
the trigger is okay. I don't really need another one in that caliber, although the
Wrangler is intriguing.

-Stretch
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Could be the covid lock down had S&W and Ruger at lower production as they weren't 'essential workers' and or skeleton staff just didn't produce as much?
What are the numbers pre covid? Post?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:12 pm I have a Heritage Rough Rider 45. It is made by Pietta with whatever their arrangement is for manufacturing. It is tighter and better grip frame to frame fitting than any of my Colts and has a one piece wood grip that is well fitted.
Pietta does really nice work on the guns that I have examined. The 1851 Navy by Pietta that I have is well finished inside and out and came with the action not needing any slicking up.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

That is interesting to know. I also have an 1860 Army that is very tight and mechanically precise. The knock has been that the innards are not up to Colt standards. I have no way to know if that is true as I don’t use them enough nor do I take these things apart.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:12 pm I have a Heritage Rough Rider 45. It is made by Pietta with whatever their arrangement is for manufacturing. It is tighter and better grip frame to frame fitting than any of my Colts and has a one piece wood grip that is well fitted.
I have one and it works perfectly. Sharp looking too and no hideous external safety!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JimT wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:47 am
Pietta does really nice work on the guns that I have examined. The 1851 Navy by Pietta that I have is well finished inside and out and came with the action not needing any slicking up.
I really like my Pietta cap & ball revolvers. My only complaint is their annoying habit of putting the information on the top of the barrel versus under the loading lever. Really detracts from the gun, but I can live with it.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:31 pm I really like my Pietta cap & ball revolvers. My only complaint is their annoying habit of putting the information on the top of the barrel versus under the loading lever. Really detracts from the gun, but I can live with it.
It's quite easily fixed with some careful file work and either re-blueing or stripping the blue and "antiquing" the gun. :)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Time to get over the little things. So much complaint here about little details. Spills over into politics where people will bolt if it isn’t done just their way.

Move it on down the road, ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JimT wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:45 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:31 pm I really like my Pietta cap & ball revolvers. My only complaint is their annoying habit of putting the information on the top of the barrel versus under the loading lever. Really detracts from the gun, but I can live with it.
It's quite easily fixed with some careful file work and either re-blueing or stripping the blue and "antiquing" the gun. :)
I've never defarbed a gun, but have considered it. May need to try with one just for fun! :D
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

The latest one I "erased" was the Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper. On the barrel, under the company name it had stamped "READ INSTRUCTION MANUAL" in big letters. A little careful file work .. some polishing with very fine sandpaper and it cleaned up pretty well.
IMG_5550.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Well done Jim! That's just awesome!!! :mrgreen: