1971 Lawrence Leather Goods catalog No.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

1971 Lawrence Leather Goods catalog No.

Post by Pat C »

Few pictures to identify Lawrence Leather products by No.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ysabel Kid

Re: 1971 Lawrence Leather Goods catalog No.

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Cool! 8)
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Lawrence Leather was the go to place here back in the day. Being right here in town, almost everyone bought their gun leather from Lawrence, and the quality was excellent. Lawrence also hired those with disabilities, well ahead of any government programs to help handicapped get jobs. I always liked their commitment to our community. Sad day when they closed their doors.
They also traded deer hide gloves for deer hides every fall at hunting season. We went straight to their store to swap our deer hides as soon as we got home.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Pat C
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Pat C »

Great information ,thanks for sharing that about them.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I hadn't realized until much later that Lawrence was just 110 miles north of me in Portland; I was a freshman at the University of Oregon in Eugene that autumn of 1971.
His mind drifts: The quarterback of our football team was a kid named Dan Fouts, and the quarterback of our nemesis, the Washington Huskies, was a Cherokee kid from Ashland, Oregon, named Sonny Sixkiller. Some great college football ...
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Oh Man, that was the real deal. Their catalogs are available as reprints here> https://cornellpubs.com/product/5780/ look around, there are several . . .
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

When in Fairbanks in about 1989 the frontier gun shop was going out of business, they had a pretty good selection of Lawrence leather. They were selling it at half price, and it looked like 20 year old prices. I bought a 44 cartridge belt which became my primary carry belt for my 29, and is still to this day, and a handful of holsters, both belt and shoulder. I later mail ordered a few more before they closed.

Ive bought more Lawrence stuff over time from other sources as the need came up when I came into other guns or wanted difference cartridge belts. All the Lawrence stuff ive had has been very good quality. I understand the company was re-opened for a while after the initial closing, but the quality wasnt quite the same.

One holster I bought sort on speculation I may get a gun to fit was a No 120, the Threepersons type Keith had input in designing, for a 6 1/2" Ruger Blackhawk. Its still in the original package. I should probably trade it for something I can use, I tend towards the shorter barrels in the Rugers, bought two of the No 120s for 4 5/8" guns, and just never used the 6 1/2" holster.

Lawrence belt with about 25 years of regular use. Ive restitched the cartridge loops a couple times when the stitching wore out, but the leather has held up well other than when the dog chewed on it one time.
4 inch 29.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I was only 6 years old then. Would have been in Second grade. Was put into school a year early. Some high quality leather came out back then.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost