another rangey Saturday

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

another rangey Saturday

Post by Grizz »

You know, out in the woods with the only sounds coming from dirt bikes off a ways from TwoRunner deep in the Olympic Mountains.

When I found a remote enough untrafficked spot I loaded Wrangler with Aguila subsonic solid point 40 Gr cartridges to see if I could hit a relatively large inanimate object. The report was loud enough to ring my ears, and they made a whap sound when they stopped. I reloaded with my regular mix of 22 lr, and they found the same spot. And made the same sound. I paced the target at 88, which is close to 58 yards.
Next I set up a paper plate at 24', approximately, and did this:
only 4 flyers.jpeg
I used the first hole as the aim point and flirted with it standing offhand. Not great shooting, but the gun cycled and I left off to get home before dark after some random dirt clod shots. Makes me wonder if I have a shaky grip.

When I got home and cleaned up the gun I found this and that. There appears to be a slight deformation of the hand, AND two spiral scratches or rubs thru the finish on the interior of the cylinder, what could cause this? This gun has less than thirty rounds through it. These marks were not there when I got it and cleaned it up. Is this normal Wrangler break-in stuff? Or should I send it back to Bill's shop to get it tuned right? The other question is about the trigger, which has no creep and I can't feel it disengage the sear. Is this normal? For comparison I can feel all of my semis disengage.
cyl mark 1.jpeg
cyl mark 2.jpeg
hand.jpeg
190 miles round trip with about 30 in the NF. No fish visible in the streams. Report of bear, deer, elk and cougar on a trail cam. Only saw tire tracks, are they in season?

Regards, grizz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.