cell phone outage

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

cell phone outage

Post by Walt »

Last edited by Walt on Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimT
Shootist

Re: cell phone outtage

Post by JimT »

EXCELLENT! NO SPAM CALLS!

"no evidence of cyber attack" ... that they will share with us. Trust CNN :lol:
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: cell phone outage

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

It is causing all kinds of problems that aren’t obvious to everyone.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Taking our coffee break this morning a guy pulls into the job site asking for directions because his phone didn't work. Meanwhile our 3 phones worked as normal, 2 Verizon 1 AT&T.
It still dumbfounds me that grown adults can't find their own way or read a map!

Lord help these people if the next solar flare takes out the grid infrastructure!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just wait until a BIG outage happens....

We are WAY WAY too dependent on the internet and other technologies.

Just like my aunt and uncle got out the kerosene lanterns they grew up with and resumed using their hand-pump and outhouse when the electricity went out, we go back to our land-lines when our cellphones go out, but increaslingly there are no 'backup' systems or the 'backup' systems still require the modern technology to link them together.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Speaking of spam calls, I have eliminated them from coming to my phone. My greeting, if I don't recognize the caller, is "Please leave a message or I will block your number". Seems a little blunt but if there's no return call within a couple of minutes I do block that number. It works well. Since the time I began using that message, I got fewer and fewer calls and now I receive virtually none. I do keep a fairly complete contact list so that I can readily identify legitimate callers.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Walt wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:03 pm Speaking of spam calls, I have eliminated them from coming to my phone. My greeting, if I don't recognize the caller, is "Please leave a message or I will block your number". Seems a little blunt but if there's no return call within a couple of minutes I do block that number. It works well. Since the time I began using that message, I got fewer and fewer calls and now I receive virtually none. I do keep a fairly complete contact list so that I can readily identify legitimate callers.
I only answer calls from people in my contact list. I kill unknown phone numbers, which blocks it, or block it from the 'recent calls' list if i miss it. Easy to do. There was one outfit that left voice mail, but only one. I use a robo-type generic phone message. On the theory that if someone really needs to get in touch, they can send a post card, eh?

grizz