Fed Ex did good!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Fed Ex did good!

Post by earlmck »

I have a grandkid and a friend of said Gkid plus my old pardner Butch shooting buffalo guns and trapdoors with me at our monthly shoots. So we are rapidly depleting my stash of black powder. Ordered up a batch from Buffalo Arms last week which they ship out via Fed Ex. (adult signature required). Tracking said it'd be delivered Monday ... sometime... :roll:

Got a text this morning from the driver saying he had a package that requires signature and he'd be by about 11am. Wow! never had pre-notification like that from any delivery service. And at 10:47 he shows up with my stuff. Slick!

I've seen plenty of horror stories about all the delivery services, especially Fed Ex so thought I'd mention a positive experience. At this point in my life they are the only major delivery service that hasn't done me serious damage. I did have a rifle arrive with a busted stock one time years ago but Fed Ex fully reimbursed me for the cost of a replacement stock. And then I just epoxied the broken stock back together on a "shooter grade" pump rifle and took the $ and figured I was ahead of the game. Anyway, looks like a fine day in sunny Central Oregon. :D
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
JimT
Shootist

Re: Fed Ex did good!

Post by JimT »

I have had good experiences ordering powder, primers and ammunition through Fed Ex. I have a shipping account and have shipped ammo etc. without any issues.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The economy is ripe for a major delivery service start up……..

There’s no reason why we have to “be happy” when something arrives undamaged….happy to get it sure.🤣…..if you look at your phone….I don’t know how to do it but mom does………and type in the number it will show your package and where it’s at on a map…..every now and then mom will say, “Your gold bullion bricks should be here in 5 minutes”. 😛……and it will show a map right down to your driveway even when he’s pulling in….

I figure a nationwide delivery service would be around 10 billion dollars and you could make double that every year….we’ve had regular cars with no uniform drivers deliver on Sundays…….anyway, back to the 10 billion dollars I’ll need……he don’t know it yet but I’m gonna hit Jim T up for the bucks……
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Last powder order from Midway came via FedEx. Midway always sends an email the day or or after that your order has shipped- this time it was a few days after and only because I sent their CS an email asking why tracking said shipped but the tracking number showed a label created but still at Midway. Once FedEx got their paws on it it was at my door the next day.
My UPS driver is a former CAS shooter, hunter and dog guy so of course we always bs when he brings goodies.
Both are still better than USPS!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:12 pm ……he don’t know it yet but I’m gonna hit Jim T up for the bucks……
I don't have the cash but I can have someone send you a check.
I just need your bank account number and access codes.
Thank you .. happy to help.

:lol:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That's great to hear, Earl. Glad you are spreading black powder disease to the younger generation! 8) When I have had to ship live ammo, FedEx has been way easier to deal with than the hysterical minions at UPS.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Glad it worked out well Earl! Anytime I hear anything good about FedEx I'm shocked.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/