Humor - Guess I'm a redneck!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Humor - Guess I'm a redneck!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Guess I'm a redneck at heart... or as Obama would say, "one who clings bitterly to God and guns" (and darn proud of it!).

True Redneck - this isn't your typical redneck joke.

We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Ya'll know who ya' are.

If it never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God', you might be a redneck;

If you've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places, you might be a redneck;

If you still say 'Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival', you might be a redneck;

If you bow your head when someone prays, you might be a redneck;

If you stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem, you might be a redneck;

If you treat our armed forces veterans with great respect, and always have, you might be a redneck;

If you've never burned an American flag, nor intend to, you might be a redneck;

If you know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening, you might be a redneck;

If you respect your elders and raised your kids to do the same, you might be a redneck;

If you'd give your last dollar to a friend, you might be a redneck.

God Bless the USA!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Humor - Guess I'm a redneck!

Post by Andrew »

Looks like I'm a redneck too. 8) :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Heck, there must be a few Red Necks over here!!!
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
41bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41bear »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Guess I'm a redneck at heart... or as Obama would say, "one who clings bitterly to God and guns" (and darn proud of it!).

True Redneck - this isn't your typical redneck joke.

We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Ya'll know who ya' are.

If it never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God', you might be a redneck;

If you've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places, you might be a redneck;

If you still say 'Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival', you might be a redneck;

If you bow your head when someone prays, you might be a redneck;

If you stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem, you might be a redneck;

If you treat our armed forces veterans with great respect, and always have, you might be a redneck;

If you've never burned an American flag, nor intend to, you might be a redneck;

If you know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening, you might be a redneck;

If you respect your elders and raised your kids to do the same, you might be a redneck;

If you'd give your last dollar to a friend, you might be a redneck.

God Bless the USA!
Amen; That brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. Thanks.
DEO VINDICE

"if only one man among all of the rest will not break ...then all of them, all those who so despise men that they believe all men can be broken and all men can be bought, all of them have failed and all of them are defeated, because one alone destroys them and one alone can give heart to all other men." - Robert Crichton
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Duff L Bagg »

I'd like to say something cute or witty by I have something in my eye right now. I pray that god continues to bless America and Rednecks like us.

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

The term "Redneck" has always been synonimous with racism throughout my life. But if your definition of Redneck is true than I am one too. God bless America!
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I have seen this before, and declared myself a redneck after reading it. thanks for the post.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

rjohns94 wrote:I have seen this before, and declared myself a redneck after reading it. thanks for the post.
Me too ... but it never hurts to be reminded ot those things near and dear to me.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I agree with all but the one about burning the flag. There is a proper place time and method to destroy old flags by burning. But burning one in protest should be a capital offense.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bob A
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bob A »

Who woulda thunk it.
I'm a redneck.
How am I going to explain this to all my pinko friends out here
on the left coast.

Bob A
timkelley
Levergunner 1.0

Post by timkelley »

I'm proud to say "I am a Redneck".
Thanx, Tim Kelley
NRA Life
SFC US Army Ret.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Living in Virginia almost my entire life I have tried hard to keep from being a redneck and then you have to go and change the darn rules :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

I have a question? Does anyone know where the name RED NECK came from. !!
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Tennessee Hayre wrote:I have a question? Does anyone know where the name RED NECK came from. !!
I was told years ago that the term "redneck" was originally about a group of West Virginia coal miners that wore red bandanas around their necks to show they were part of the predecessor of a union !

Now how true that is I'm not sure :!:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I was told it was a derogatory term for someone who performed manual labor outdoors. Being outdoors in the sun their necks would get sunburned, thus "red neck". Remember, for a long time a "healthy tan" was considered a sign of inferiority, since only "working class" people or lower worked outside. Many strove to be very pale as it conferred that they worked in an office, or could afford to live in a nice home and not go outdoors.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If you have ever saluted a "Ring Knocker" or other academy graduate, you might be a Redneck.
If you have ever done a kindness to someone and made certain they do not know who was their benefactor so that they will help someone else in turn, you might be a Redneck.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
reo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by reo »

I love being a redneck...so do my 'minority' pals.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

6pt-sika wrote:
Tennessee Hayre wrote:I have a question? Does anyone know where the name RED NECK came from. !!
I was told years ago that the term "redneck" was originally about a group of West Virginia coal miners that wore red bandanas around their necks to show they were part of the predecessor of a union !

Correct, “Red Neck” came from the Coal Wars in WV. The only time (so far) the US Military bombed US Citizens on US soil. After WWI both sides showed up wearing the same uniforms with the same weapons so too keep from shooting the wrong ones the coal miners wore red bandanas and the US military started wearing blue ones.
OK, I found one that predated the WV definition.
http://www.scotshistoryonline.co.uk/red ... necks.html
It is not the critic who counts
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I bought an Album yesterday by Lynyrd Skynyrd, it had a Rebel flag on the cover and the first track is Sweet Home Alabama. Whats your take on this Southern Rock Band, I ain't sure whether they are 100% Red Neck? :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

game keeper wrote:I bought an Album yesterday by Lynyrd Skynyrd, it had a Rebel flag on the cover and the first track is Sweet Home Alabama. Whats your take on this Southern Rock Band, I ain't sure whether they are 100% Red Neck?
Yep. 100%.
In the 60's, there was another resurgence of the term redneck to point out the short haired rural folks who were, as pointed out earlier, outdoors working class clean cut folks. As apposed to the, then considered, long haired, dirty, loose moralled hippies. I, being the constant trend setter, was, I think, a RED NECK HIPPY. Or as Charlie Daniels put it, Long haired country boy. But then when my hair started to thin, I looked like stuff. Back to red neck.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

game keeper wrote:I bought an Album yesterday by Lynyrd Skynyrd, it had a Rebel flag on the cover and the first track is Sweet Home Alabama. Whats your take on this Southern Rock Band, I ain't sure whether they are 100% Red Neck? :?
Lynyrd Skynyrd was hte greatest southern rock band of all time IMHO !

Once they played leadoff for the Stones in London and got way way more applause then the Stones did :wink:
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

"If you'd give your last dollar to a friend, you might be a redneck."

What would you be if you'd take a friend's last dollar?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BAGTIC wrote:"If you'd give your last dollar to a friend, you might be a redneck."

What would you be if you'd take a friend's last dollar?
An Obama-voter?
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

6pt-sika wrote:

I've heard that also, but I've also heard explanations that pre-date not only West Virginia mine unions, but the State of West Virginia itself.

In earlier days, the name was used to denote people who worked outdoors in the sun and had their necks burned red by the sun rather than being part of the gentry who were either indoors, or on horseback wearing a broad-brimmed hat to protect their lilly white complexions. So basically redneck is a derogatory term for farmer or farm laborer.

And I'm pretty sure that there are other explanations of the name. For example in South Africa, the Boers called the Britis rooineks, or rednecks, from the redcoats of British soldiers.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I have proudly been a Redneck my entire life. Anyone who know's me would agree. In central illannoy if you have a southern draw you're constantly asked where you're from and why do you talk that way. Throw in a fair amount of southern family, and southern ways and you are labeled for life. What does bug me is that every slag name for different cultures is now pollitically incorrect, except for Redneck. If a black man calls me a Redneck I will call him a ******. If a Mexican call me a Redneck I will call him a wetback. And at the end of the day I will be the only one called a racist.
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

This is a great example of PC. Redneck and Wetback are OK. That other word can't be used.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Count me in. :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
oldmax
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldmax »

After I moved to Florida I considered it an honer to be called " Your Almost a Redneck "

I was told the term came from the once a year summer hair cut.
The freshly exposed white skin turned red from sun burn vs the already browned sun burnt
skin..

By the way, If I remember correctly, The Majority of the Medal of Honer winners were Rural South Eastern origin: REDNECKS, " God Bless Them "