REVEILLE

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

REVEILLE

Post by JimT »

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: REVEILLE

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for posting. I found that very moving.

Where would any of us be today without these old Vets ?
I thank you all for your service, especially as so many served and died fighting to keep my country free.
Last edited by gamekeeper on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Many thanks for posting that little video, Jim. It made my day.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Great one Jim - thanks for sharing.

Chad
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

This rain storm has washed a lot of dust inside, again.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Thanks friend, lest we forget!
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

There something in my eye
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I saw that a few months ago, but lost the link.

Thanks for posting it again. BTW I posted the link on another forum.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I think my keyboard got wet . I must be a silly old fool but Gosh, I love this country and those who have given their full measure, and those that gave that measure that was asked, and those that wish they could have given more. God bless you all. I have to go clean out my keyboard from all this water.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

When I first saw this I thought the Navy guy was Charles Durning; (didn't get the whole thing). Tried for the longest time to figure out who it actually was. A couple of years ago a friend sent me the whole video. I love the credits.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Boy, that's something.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Excellent video, I salute my father who is now 84 who is a WWII vet.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Yep one of my favorites. Thank you to all of you older Vets for paving the way for us young pups.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BTT
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Jim, Thank you for the timely reminder, Memorial Day is not an excuse for 3 days of partying. Today I took my Dad's Dory (she will never be mine, I'm just the temporary caretaker of this lovely craft) out for a row in Kaelepulu Pond like Dad always did over 40 years before, I do this at least once a week for at least 3 hours each time. Sometimes I forget and get so excited to tell him I am putting his boat to good use and want to write him this but then I realize I can't do that, he is resting peacefully with Mom his "love of my life". I feel guilt and joy every time I take his boat for a row, I tried to be a good son but can't help but feel I failed. I remember when I was a kid one time I begged my Dad to show me his medals he had from his service in WWII. He was not proud nor excited but he did show me 3 medals and I believe one was a purple heart. When he passed away, and I opened his safe which I was the only one besides him who had the combination I found all the medals were gone. I know now he had discarded these vestiges of a war, and time that he had decided to put far behind him. I got the feeling from him in his later years that in his heart the heroes, the only ones deserving of a medal were those that made the ultimate sacrifice and never returned. He even despised Veteran's license plates as a showy display. In the final 2 months I spent with him he revealed a guilt for surviving while seeing his friends perish in battle even though he knew he put himself in harms way in countless situations as revealed to me by his only 2 surviving members of his unit after his passing. I try to stay in touch with these 2 remaining heroes of the Amphibious Engineers but when they pass I shall feel a extra emptiness.
Just before I read your post I was reminiscing about my stupid lovable pig Lucille that I miss so much, and I'm hoping some opf you old timers here can remember. I go in for my 3rd surgery in late October buy somehow I stopped caring whatever the outcome may be. I envy the faith of JOB.

I have my father-in-law, a Korean War veteran, an infantryman and veteran of the Battle of Chosin Reservoir whom I can and will extend the honor of which I have an endless supply. Thank you Dad, and thank you Bert though words ring hollow.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

GANJIRO wrote:He even despised Veteran's license plates as a showy display.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that felt that way. Thought I was turning into an old cuss a bit ahead of schedule.

Scott

p.s. A more appropriate name for that great video would be "Morning Colors."