.45-70 blow up -link

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
45Jack
Levergunner 2.0

.45-70 blow up -link

Post by 45Jack »

O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: .45-70 blow up -link

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Yep. Not the first time and it won't be the last time. Gotta be careful when loading your ammo....
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

You notice that it was the chamber area that let go, not the action.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

KirkD wrote:You notice that it was the chamber area that let go, not the action.
Yep says alot for a weak levergun. Guy is lucky he walked away with the small amount of injury that he did.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Certainly makes you think about who is shooting next to you at the range!
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

Let this be a reminder for all of us. Thank god he wasn't killed.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

I'm fairly new to RL-7 ( first started using it a couple years ago) and I just recently bought a new bottle. This made me go out and check to make sure I'd bought the right powder. They have changed the label, but I did get the right stuff.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick13 »

I posted here about those photos a few months ago. At the time it was mentioned that there's no excuse for mixing up #7 and Reloder 7. The bottles are different, and the powders are visably different.

~Michael
KT-45
Levergunner 1.0

Post by KT-45 »

The last time I went to the store for a can of Reloader 7 the airhead behind the counter came back with a can of #7. I said, "This is the wrong powder". She said, "They're the same." I said, "Get the owner...you're going to kill somebody."

Long story short: I got a can of Reloader 7 and the thanks of the store owner. The clerk got to look for another job.
"Mister, you ever seen what a Henry rifle can do in the hands of a man who knows how to use it?"