New Mossberg Leveraction

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: New Mossberg Leveraction

Post by gamekeeper »

I wish they would do a production run in 32/20. The Mossberg Poll doesn't even mention that caliber! :cry:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

I sent them an Email suggesting they consider 38-55, 32-40, 44-40, 32-20, 25-20 and 218 Bee.

Received a nice reply but no promises.. :lol:
L.F.Combs
Levergunner 1.0

Post by L.F.Combs »

I sent a few suggestions as well. I hope they listen to at least a few of the ideas. That .218 would be a nice idea that has my interest. I just hope they keep up good work, and don't let the gun go south in quality. They have done a good job.
PERRY COUNTY OUTDOORS MAGAZINE @
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

Saw the nice write up on Gunblast.com it answered a number of questions I had and was informative. I went over to the Mossberg.com site to see what they were asking price wise and surprised as they are taking a survey as to what other calibers people would like to see it made available in. Both pistol and rifle calibers. They may be onto something with that. ATB
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

The rifle is now out in the stores and in the hands of shooters, getting some good reports and good press, and I finally got to hold one in my hands at Village Arms in Gap, PA. Very nice rifle. Decent price. The main reason I want one is because it is a nice-looking, nice-handling 30 W.C.F. that I would not feel bad about putting a rifle scope on so that I can enjoy shooting it. With my collection of pre-s/n 1,600,000 Win 94's in 30 W.C.F., I do not enjoy shooting them much with iron sights, and much prefer my later model rifles in .357 which all have been scoped. So, it would be nice to have an AE model of 30 W.C.F. which can be easily scoped. So, I am thinking about it, and might probably get one. Only two things that are holding me back at this point: 1.) I do think another A.W.B. is coming, and I am going to use available funds to stock up on AR-15's and related parts including mags; 2.) Winchester/FNH is going to bring out the model 94 next year at this time (at about the time my AR-15 buying spree will come to an end), and as nice as the Mossberg is, I might as well just get a Winchester.
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
L.F.Combs
Levergunner 1.0

Post by L.F.Combs »

I am wondering what the new 94 is going to be like. I have several .30-30s' and many of them are 94s', but I have feeling that Winchester needs to really pick up the ball, and do it right.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Bruce Scott wrote:I sent them an Email suggesting they consider 38-55, 32-40, 44-40, 32-20, 25-20 and 218 Bee.

Received a nice reply but no promises.. :lol:
I've just sent them a request too! Hope they listen. :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Levant

Re:

Post by Levant »

L.F.Combs wrote:Winchester is going to be coming out with the 94 again in 2009,
Where is that documented? Any links? Will they be made in the US? Input... I need input! :)
L.F.Combs
Levergunner 1.0

Post by L.F.Combs »

It was mentioned in one of the predator hunting magazines. It was mentioned in an article about the reintroduction of the model 70. It was also mentioned on this board I think in a thread some time back. AS I understand it they will be made in America. The parts made on the east coast. It is going to be similar to what they did with the 70. A new plant, and a parts maker. I haven't heard much else.
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy Folks,
I saw one today at Ganders. I was ready to buy one, based on all the hoopla. The wood on this one looked really cheap. Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks like what it cost.. I bought a Marlin 1895 CB .45-70 instead.
Of course, for "slightly" more..... oh well..... I've wanted a 1895 CB for awhile anyway....

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"