OT - You birthday's Bible verse

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - You birthday's Bible verse

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - You birthday's Bible verse

Post by rjohns94 »

Hebrews 9:28 NIV
so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

I like it! blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

1 Peter 1:20 NIV
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Psalm 9:9 King James AV1611 , The Lord will also be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Mine for 9-9-38
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Different source but I associate this verse with the exact date I was born: Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints and [their] marrow, and [is] able to discern thoughts and intentions of [the] heart.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Psalm 9:2 NIV
I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

That works :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Matthew 7:11

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

My son will like that verse!
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Forgot to post mine! :roll:

Matthew 5:16 NIV
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Romans 8:16 NIV
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

I never associated birth dates with Bible verses.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

This one did I got:
Philippians 4:6 NIV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

A good one - a whole little personal program. :)

Old Sh.
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
Iron_Marshal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Iron_Marshal »

John 10:9 NIV
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.
Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I like my verse---I Cor. 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so you can stand under it".

In times of great trial, when I might be tempted to do something disastrous, something in the back of my head often tells me, "I don't have to do this", and that is when I often see that God wants me to run like crazy, just simply get as far away as possible from the wrong. It usually works for me, if I take the escape route, rather than stay in the vicinity of the temptation.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life