OT - Self Defense in Houston

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DavidF
Levergunner 1.0

OT - Self Defense in Houston

Post by DavidF »

One of my crew members (a 2 tour Iraq war vet)"Joe" failed to show up for work Monday morning with no phone call. I was a little worried because he typically is very reliable but I knew he had driven down to Houston (from Dallas) for the weekend to visit his daughter and ex wife and he might have gotten held up. Well... it turns out that Sunday afternoon his Ex's latest ex boyfriend shows up with a rifle and tries to kick down the door. "Joe" fires through the door disabling him. The boyfriend goes to the hospital and gets charged with a number of crimes, and Joe gets detained for 24 hours while the DA decides that no charges will be filed. I told Joe he should sue the boyfriend for lost wages. 8)
Last edited by DavidF on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" Samuel Adams
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: OT - Self Defense in Houston

Post by Old Ironsights »

She still his Ex? She may have had a change of heart after that little incident...

Good for him.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
DavidF
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DavidF »

Old Ironsights wrote:She still his Ex? She may have had a change of heart after that little incident...
I hope not, I can't afford to lose him.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" Samuel Adams
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

David,

I say this again for all you Texans, God Bless Texas, its people, and it officials for understanding that a man has a right to protect himself and his loved one. Tell Joe to hang in there.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Two tour vet, and this yahoo tried something stupid like that. He should be arrested for felony stupid in addition to everything else. Wish that young man the my best.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

jeepnik wrote:Two tour vet, and this yahoo tried something stupid like that. He should be arrested for felony stupid in addition to everything else. Wish that young man the my best.

+1
NRA Life Member
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Thank God he was prepared and ready to act. Hope the boyfriend spends a looooong time in jail.
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I'd give him his pay for the missed day with a big pat on the back and a "thank you!"!!!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

TedH wrote:
jeepnik wrote:Two tour vet, and this yahoo tried something stupid like that. He should be arrested for felony stupid in addition to everything else. Wish that young man the my best.

+1

+2
It is not the critic who counts