OT - Eagle Scout Court of Honor

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Eagle Scout Court of Honor

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It was a crueling week lask week. Left Sunday morning and didn't get home until Friday night. Had the pleasure today though of attending an Eagle Scout "Court of Honor" ceremony with my son, who is entering his last year as a Cub Scout (a Webelo) this year. We watched two Boy Scouts who had earned the Eagle Scout rank get awarded this high honor. Neat thing is that they were brothers - and their older brother, also an Eagle Scout and now a fire fighter in Charleston, came up for the ceremony. The Knights of Columbus formed the honor guard, and it was a beautiful ceremony. The older of the two announced his intention of joining the U.S. Army after graduating from high school next May. The younger, only a freshman, wants to apply to the Citadel when he graduates in 4 years.

Talk about a proud set of parents! Three sons - three Eagle Scouts! WOW!!!
KT-45
Levergunner 1.0

Re: OT - Eagle Scout Court of Honor

Post by KT-45 »

God bless 'em!
"Mister, you ever seen what a Henry rifle can do in the hands of a man who knows how to use it?"
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Impressive.
It is not the critic who counts
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Purely an anomaly, Jay, having three Eagle Scouts in the same family. According to the Left; family, parents, role models, upbringing has absolutely nothing to do with the way your kids turn out. (Yuck, I think I just turned my own stomach!)

Congratulations to those proud parents who have done such a wonderful job, and I include you and your wife.
Tom
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

My son had his Eagle board of review July 24. This was something he set as a goal in first grade. He had his ups and downs, and a few times talked about quiting scouts. He was actually a "life" rank for 4 1/2 years. I gave him all the typical pep talks about the benefits of the eagle rank and how it would help him throughout his life. I finally said I was going to quit too and resign from my Committee Chairman post. About that time my wife lit a fire under his butt and he completed his project. My wife and I are mighty proud.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Actually, it's not that uncommon to have multiple Eagle Scouts in one family. If the parents are that involved and care that much, and once there is the first Eagle in the family, then it gets easier for the next scouts to advance. Possative peer preasure at work.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

There's truth to that.

My brother and I were both Eagle Scouts.

The competition between us was incredible.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Birdman wrote:My son had his Eagle board of review July 24... My wife and I are mighty proud.
And rightfully so. Congratulations and well done to the missus & you, Birdman...
Tom
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

YK, you have every right to be proud of those young men. The finished product makes the hard work worthwhile, doesn't it?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Sounds like we have similar jobs - I'm out until Sunday - though the weekend is slated for a visit to my folks who live in Florida - where I'm developing new markets. My oldest son is an Eagle Scout and my youngest is just finishing his paperwork up for his Eagle. And yeah, I'm very proud of them both. Though, my oldest son is trying my patience right now - he's 17 and well, acting like it... :shock: Don't get me wrong - he's a good kid, just being argumentive and independent - typical 17 year old.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Thats awesome. Getting Eagle was always one thing I regretted not doing. I let girls, work and school get in the way and didn't do my project :oops: . Hopefully my sons do better then me. Congrats all around
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JReed wrote:Thats awesome. Getting Eagle was always one thing I regretted not doing. I let girls, work and school get in the way and didn't do my project :oops: . Hopefully my sons do better then me. Congrats all around
We were advised early on to encourage the boys to get their Eagle Scout award before they got their driver's licenses. Once a boy starts driving, gets a job, and discovers girls (not neccessarily in that order), focusing on the Eagle Scout work - or Boy Scouts as a whole - becomes a lot more difficult! :wink:
Premo
Levergunner

Post by Premo »

That was good advice about getting your Eagle Award early. As teenagers have more things on their plate, time gets precious. I got my Eagle Award in 1968 and my son got his in 1999.

Less than 1% of all boys who enter scouting become Eagles. Encourage them, help them, nag them, bribe them to complete there scouting years by becoming an Eagle. It is a small club that last the rest of your life. It opens doors throughout there lives and is one of the most rewarding things they will ever do.

FP
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

That is absolutely true. And yes, get your son to do his Eagle project before age 16 for sure. My oldest Eagled when he was 15 and my youngest will too.

And even being a scouter (the adult leaders) can be helpful. It helped me get the job that I currently have. Scouters like scouters and understand what is entailed.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I was told when we entered our troop that as a dad I should know when to push and when to back off a little bit. But I was advised to see that my son got his Eagle before the fumes got his attention. What fumes asked I??????????????????? Gas fumes or perfume he replyed.