New Winchester Super X .22 Long CB ammunition

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

New Winchester Super X .22 Long CB ammunition

Post by Ysabel Kid »

This sounds an awfully lot like the Aquila "Colibri" rounds - but with a bit of powder and a slightly heavier bullet. Won't function a semi, but they say it is good for a "single shot" or a "bolt-action". I say, if it is good for those, it should probably function just fine in a .22 leveraction! Looks like a lot of potential for quietly dispatching little critters in a "crowded" neighborhood without having a SWAT team come down on your head! :shock:

http://www.gunreports.com/news/ammo/Win ... :&st=email
Hobie

Re: New Winchester Super X .22 Long CB ammunition

Post by Hobie »

:D
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

I will have to check them out. I use CCI cb longs and have shot hundreds of them
out of my Rossi pump.Birds,rabbits,cats you name it.I found them faster out of a
pistol then I read somewhere they peak out velosity at 9-10 in. barrels.The rossi
is quieter than my beeman.And I like the heavier bullet than a 8gr. pellet.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Jay.

I will try to get my local Toy Shop to get some in. I use CCI CB Longs in my 9422 but have trouble finding them over here. They have made my air rifle obsolete as the CB's are quieter.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

John -

Around here I often have a heck of a time finding any .22 Longs. Sometimes even the .22 shorts are hard to find! .22 Long Rifles abound in plenty, but I have often been told that the days of the .22 Long are coming to a close. I was happy to read that Winchester is offering a new loading on this under-appreciated round! :D
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

If this stuff is any where near as accurate as the old Winchester Super X 22 Short CB's I will have to buy a couple of cases. The shorts were and are great, but they quit offering them, found them to be better than any other CB's out there. Will have to do some searching on it. ATB
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I just started using CCI 22lr Subsonic hollowpoints. I'm very pleased with the noise level (or lack thereof) and they function in all my semi-autos. I haven't compared them for accuracy to CCI Mini-Mags, which used to be my "go to" 22lr round. My youngest boy and I will be sighting in our squirrel rifles this aftenoon for some holiday weekend action, so we'll see how they do.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I remember the old Super X stuff,
if I work the action by hand; I should be able to shoot that stuff out of my Aunt's Rem. 552 Speedmaster.