Ruger Bisley conversion?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Ruger Bisley conversion?

Post by chadbr »

Anyone know if I can put a Bisley backstrap and Hammer assembly on a standard Single Six?

Can you do the same with a Vaquero?

Thanks!
Hobie

Re: Ruger Bisley conversion?

Post by Hobie »

I believe so. Not sure if you have to do some slight modifications to the hammer... Joe, oh... JOE! :?:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

chadbr wrote:Anyone know if I can put a Bisley backstrap and Hammer assembly on a standard Single Six?

Can you do the same with a Vaquero?

Thanks!
Yes and yes. The only qualification is that the ears on the sides of the hammer may not match up. Ruger has made some dimensional changes in the last 10 years or so. You might need to do some fitting in that area.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

Neat -- I'll have to order some parts from Ruger and give it a try -- Sounds like a fun way to learn.

Thanks!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

...or you could just buy my son's Bisley Single six.

Where are you?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

In addition to the grip frame and hammer, you might have to change the trigger as well. It has a different shape to it (more curved) and, I believe, slightly different geometry. I can't speak to the Single Six idea, but the Vaquero/Blackhawk to Bisley has been done many times. I bought one such conversion with a Bisley hammer and grip frame on the cheap because it wouldn't time correctly. After I installed the Bisley trigger to complete the conversion, all problems were solved. Now I'm the proud owner of a 6 1/2" bbl Bis-Hawk convertible .357/9mm (with fluted cylinders, no less). I'm ashamed to say I paid almost $250.00 for it.... :D
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »