OT: One rifle & One pistol for all around use.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT: One rifle & One pistol for all around use.

Post by Paladin »

This is not any of my favorite levers or 45 LCs but what I used for work.
I haven’t had to survive on these weapons other than at war on two continents the Middle East and Africa for a year. Disregard the Beretta (I took it encase I ran out of .45 ammo) of the three on the right that were mine the others in the photo belonged to the guys I was with that shared a tent with me before we departed. The M-14 with a Leopold 1.5x5 with illuminated reticule, a Smith Enterprise muzzle brake, and six inches cut of the barrel to make it a little faster in the vehicle or house. With the Smith brake you could fire a 20 rd burst and keep all of them in the target at 25 meters. The 1911 I reworked before leaving Colorado and put a match trigger, barrel, night sights, beavertail, and my favorite Pachmayr grips on it and 24 others for the rest of the command section. Add to what I carried a .22 cal adapter for the 1911 from Tactical Solutions and I would be willing to bet my life on the package again.

It is not the critic who counts
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I'm another one who usually avoids this, but I'll throw in.
To my way of thinking, we are either being asked to choose a sidearm and long arm to suit all possible needs for the remainder of our lives (end of the world scenario), or someone is trying to simplify their collection.

To suit both possibilities, here's what I think.

The rifle will have to take at least medium sized game, with some long range (100-200 yards) ability.
For plain utility and versatility, a simple and repairable mechanism, as well as some economy of use and the ability to cast my own bullets, I choose the Model 94 in .30-30. It can also be loaded with black powder, if needed.

The handgun needs to be versatile as well, able to take small game, and suitable for defensive purposes.
For this I would choose a hi-cap nine, a Sig/Glock/Springfield/CZ... whatever. Most likely a Glock 17. Ammo is cheap in bulk, economical to reload, and would work on both small and medium game at the ranges I'd use it (under 75 yards). I believe it would make persuasive holes in 2-legged varmints, as well.

Truly, a .22 LR needs to be part of the picture. It would probably do most of the shooting, even with the other two available. But if need be, the above would suffice.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

or:

i don't have a pic of it's 'companion':the taurus model 65, 38/357

my logic is simple; 9mm and 38/357 ammo is among the most plentiful about and, whether some will admit it, or not, is also among some of the proven and best all around cartridges available. both have been around for much longer than the .223/5.56, as an example. there must be a reason, don't you think?

i think we tend to forget about how effective ANY firearm is when it comes to a "survival" or "defense" situation...even the diminutive .17 HM2 would suffice if that's all you had available wouldn't it?
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Sorry for getting back to this so late, after posting I have not been around a computer for several days.

I think my choice would have to be along the lines of common cartrdiges on todays market, easy to obtain, .22, 9mm, 45acp, 30-30, 7.62x39, 308, etc. The two for one package is an excellent chice for all around use in the field or around the home as well as secondary roles for defense. With that being said I'd still have a hard time deciding to grab my Winchester 30-30 or Saiga 7.62x39. :|

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Let's take this one step further...

Assuming I couldn't get Primers....

A .50 Double Caplock

A .44 Remington Clone/ROA.

A 12ga Double Caplock

I can MAKE #11 caps...
Last edited by Old Ironsights on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

JerryB wrote:If you want one rifle and one handgun that are proven why not choose the M1 Garand and a 1911 .45?
Jerry,

Replace the Garand with a Springfield Scout rifle and that's the combo I'm hoping to eventually obtain. Its hard to beat two great platforms that have been battle proven. Add a .22 kit to the 1911 and you have both your small and large game situations covered.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
loader
Levergunner 1.0

Post by loader »

My choices would be my savage 24 22mag/20ga. and my 6" Ruger Security Six. Together they should handle anything I actually need to do.
Never take life seriously, cause there's no way of getting out of it alive.
goon
Levergunner

Post by goon »

For the rifle, Marlin 336 30-30.
For the handgun, a 3" Ruger SP-101.
Between those two I should be able to do most anything I need a gun to do WITH the exception of small game hunting.
For that, I'd positively want my CZ-452 or my 10/22.

I'd also be tempted to choose the FAL in place of the 30-30. Today I would because my 30-30 isn't as well proven yet. I've also shot very good groups with my FAL and still have a target around with a 7/8" 100 yard group on it. But overall, I love the way the lever action feels and carries. It's more self contained because it doesn't need extra magazines to work and I'd appreciate not having to carry the extra magazines if I had to haul it any distance at all on foot.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

goon: with proper reloading the .30-30 wil do just fine for small game.

But that's why so many of us prefer the .357 in a rifle... easier (IMO) to download to small-game subsonic loads, and you can carry more of them.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

My choices would be weighted between 44, 357, and 22 calibers. I have revolvers and and rifles in all three calibers. Living in Central Illannoy I could rule out a 44 set up and still protect my family by arming them with 357 revolvers and levers. We would all be carrying the same set up and I have plenty of reloading supplies. Plus I would use alot less powder to make my reloads. I could kill a deer to eat, or the man breaking into my house. I could also "get by" with a 22 set up and do less damage to smaller critters but I would have to kill hundreds of rabbits and squirrels to eat. I could kill a deer with the ol 22, but a killing shot is going to be harder to acheive. I could also kill the bad guy breaking into my house who wants to steal the deer I just shot because he is too poor of a hunter or is to lazy to provide for himself. But, we all know that a 22 is not a first choice for self defense. With all that said I think I would go with a 357 set up, and ask if I could also keep my long bow around.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

My biggest problem with the .22 is the relative (extreme) difficulty in reloading rimfires.

Yes, I know that you can hoard 30,000 .22s fairly easily - but that still weighs more/is more bulky than a bullet mould, 30,000 primers and 50lbs of 2400.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick13 »

JerryB wrote:If you want one rifle and one handgun that are proven why not choose the M1 Garand and a 1911 .45?
Well, the Garand is semi auto, illegal to hunt with here in PA, and the Garand's gas system is designed to operate with specific bullet weights (150 to 168 gr.) and powders/pressures. The Garand, while a great battle rifle, isn't anywhere near as versatile as a bolt action .30-06 is going to be. Plus IMO, it's a poor choice for a home defense firearm. Too big, heavy, and waaaaaay to much cartridge.

My choices for one rifle and pistol..... that's tough. For "rifle" I'd take a pump shotgun with a riot and slug barrel. That will cover home defense and hunting. Pistol would be a revolver in .357 Mag.

~Michael
Meeteetse
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Meeteetse »

Not sure I can make that choice. I've been shooting, hunting and woods bumming for too many years and have established some pretty specific opinions about limiting my guns. If I had to limit my guns because of some terrible survival situation I would probably choose differently than if I were limited by the government or some other oppressive situation. So here goes, but with different choices for different situations:

Wilderness Survival:
.308 Ruger 77RSI or Springfield Scout .308
.22 Ruger MK II or S&W Mdl. 17/18

Urban Survival:
.308 Springfield Scout
.45 Glock 21sf

Government says you can only have two:
Marlin 1894 Cowboy .44
Ruger Vaquero .44

If I can have three, I would add a Ruger Mdl 77 .22 to the wilderness group, a 12 ga. 870 to the urban group and a Marlin 39 .22 lever to the last group. All tough choices.
All it takes for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Previous member of Mr. Kelly's forum.
Tennessee Hayre
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tennessee Hayre »

I would go with a (1895G)45-70 guide gun, and a 629-4 6" bar 44 mag hand gun. best of every world.
The Ultimate Authority resides in the people and that if the Federal Goverment got too powerful and over stepped it's authority then the people would develope plans of resistance and resort to arms" _____________________________________James Madison_______

Retired Military
Life Member NRA
Defender Second Amendment
Constitution Party Member
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

The handgun is easy; my 4" Ruger GP100 with adjustable sights. The .357 is adequate for handgunning anything here in Texas, and I shoot this particular handgun better than logic indicates I should. I was my duty sidearm on a fateful night in 1993, and I did not come in second place, so I have a soft spot in my heart for this sixgun. Perhaps I should mention that, until I retire, sometime in the next 3 to 8 years, I must use a .40 double-action autoloader as a duty pistol. We purchase our own at my cop shop, within specified guidelines. After setting aside the 1911 reluctantly, in 2002, I tried a .40 Glunck for a couple of years, but then the DAK trigger option became available in SIG pistols, which closely mimics a good K-frame DA trigger, I had found DA autoloader nirvana, or close to it.

Rifle: Well, I don't know if I have yet handled my ultimate, one, all-around rifle, much less own it already. My wife's .357 Rossi pre-safety '92 copy is a sweet little gem, and with better sights, it might be truly great. Of course, it belongs to She Who Must Be Obeyed, so I must find my own. I liked my .308 Browning Lightning BLR so much that when Browning released a stainless-steel/laminated-stock variant a couple of years ago, I bought two of them. When married to She Who Must Be Obeyed, the only way to be sure of having something for yourself is to purchase two of them, and she likes stainless steel. Anyway, I think a .308 BLR is the one rifle for all-around use, for me, at this point in time.

The heretic in me thinks one of the new Mini-14 rifles chambered in 6.8 SPC might dethrone the BLR. :wink:
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

2ndovc wrote:
rjohns94 wrote:Jason, that sure is a nice combo.

Thanks Mike!

Still trying to decide on sights for the '86. Leaning towards a Lyman 66. Was thinking something exotic like a three leaf express sight but once I got it and set on the barrel it just didn't look right with that stubby little barrel.
Found the stocks I want. Just have to get them ordered. It's been a fun project. Just
taking my time so it's right the first time. :D

Big thanks to Warhawk for selling it to me!

jb 8)

How are you doing with the Browning 86?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

30-30 and and a 357
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

30-30 & a 357 works for anything and anywhere. danny
billyk338
Levergunner

Post by billyk338 »

Ruger Super Blackhawk 7 1/2" barrel and Ruger .44 carbine.All I would ever need in West Georgia.I just know these guns well and feel most comfortable with them.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

IF I had to choose, sorry to say, my rifle would be my 308 bolt Savage. Why? reliable, accurate, long effective range, incredible durability and ease of repair, ammo supplies everywhere, and under the right conditions will kill anything in the lower 48.

Pistol would be my trusty Ruger 357.
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

For my rifle, for sure it would be my Springfield M1A .308. This rifle would be mighty fine for a LOT of things.

For my pistol, my immediate thought was my Kimber 10mm but reading what El Chivo and Jeepnik said early in the thread I believe they have convinced me to carry my Ruger MkII. Makes sense to use a .22 for a handgun since shots are generally close.

Geoff
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Since this has been resurrected and I've given it some thought... mainly thinking about what's kept loaded, ready and why; it's boiled down to four choices:

Win 94 Carbine, 1 loaded with 150s and one loaded with 125s, so that's clear.

And while I dearly love my Colt SAAs and 1851s, what's kept loaded is a S&W Mdl 65-4 (.38Spl+Ps) and a Combat Commander in .45ACP.

However, if such a concept were mandated, I'm still not sure those would be my choices.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Been thinking about this one since I last posted and since I have paired down my collection to the essentials, I have come up with two combos for this question.

I'm sticking with my original choice as the most practical for my area: My NKJ 92 .357 and the companion pistol, my S&W 60 in .357. Hunting, plinking, defense, CCW - the combo can do it all where I live right now, or where I forsee my sailboat taking me. One caliber, same reloading components (I have hand loaders that would go with these), availability of ammo anywhere, accuate, functional, reliable. Rifle is stoked with 180 grainers, the pistol with 158. Shot shells, wadcutters, semi wad cutters, jacketed, full metal, plastic practice rounds - all fun to shoot and practical.

The other combo is a bit different and may be cheating a bit: My Wild West Gun in .457/45-70 would be the go to rifle if I had any chance of having to deal with big framed critters. Its a proven performer and I can use it for anything in North America. With this one, I would choose my Springfiled 1911 in .45acp as my CCW and general purpose pistol and carry with it the Kimber conversion kit in .22 to expand the range of possibilities in hunting. .22lr - .457 magnum ought to cover the range of anything I might go after.

I would still want a shotgun and if that counts as a rifle, then I would have to go with the Bennelli 12 ga with 26 inch barrel and slug barrel and would go with the same 1911 and .22 conversion kit already mentioned. Other wise, I would choose a sxs shotgun to enjoy the upland game hunting I love so much.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Warhawk wrote:
2ndovc wrote:
rjohns94 wrote:Jason, that sure is a nice combo.

Thanks Mike!

Still trying to decide on sights for the '86. Leaning towards a Lyman 66. Was thinking something exotic like a three leaf express sight but once I got it and set on the barrel it just didn't look right with that stubby little barrel.
Found the stocks I want. Just have to get them ordered. It's been a fun project. Just
taking my time so it's right the first time. :D

Big thanks to Warhawk for selling it to me!

jb 8)

How are you doing with the Browning 86?

Still sitting there waiting for me to make up my mind.
Keep thinking how sharp it would look with a 24" half round / half oct. barrel.

Going get new stocks ordered and fit those first before I have it refinished.
Just too many things going on these days.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I would have to take a rifle and revolver that I am most familiar with. The long gun would be light weight and all around caliber. The handgun would be easy to carry but a large enough caliber to do the job when I left the long gun behind for convenience. So, that would make the combo of a Winchester 1894 SRC in 30-30. The hand gun would be a Colt SAA in 44-40 or 45 Colt.

"That'll Be The Day"
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

if you're talking all-around use, I wouldn't get them both in the same calibers. I would do one in .22 and one in a centerfire caliber.

I would probably go for a scoped handgun in .22 lr for small game hunting and a rifle in 30-30 for big game hunting.

If I was more worried about defense, I'd go for a .357 or .44 in the handgun, and a .22 for hunting. That would limit big game hunting to handgun ranges.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

That hard to pin down to 1 each

Last edited by TX Gun Runner on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image..Image
Image......Image
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

GEOFF wrote:For my rifle, for sure it would be my Springfield M1A .308. This rifle would be mighty fine for a LOT of things.

For my pistol, my immediate thought was my Kimber 10mm but reading what El Chivo and Jeepnik said early in the thread I believe they have convinced me to carry my Ruger MkII. Makes sense to use a .22 for a handgun since shots are generally close.

Geoff
Geoff, great minds think alike. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

jeepnik wrote:
GEOFF wrote:For my rifle, for sure it would be my Springfield M1A .308. Th
This was the other 1st choice .

Image..Image
Image......Image
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

tn gun runner wrote:
jeepnik wrote:
GEOFF wrote:For my rifle, for sure it would be my Springfield M1A .308. Th
This was the other 1st choice .

Pretty. Think Santa can bring one for next Christmas?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

rangerider7 wrote: Image
rangerider,

In the photo above, there is a very unusual cartridge belt. Looks like double rows? Can you tell us about it/post a pic of just it please?

To answer the thread question, due to economic situations, twice in my life I have been reduced to one gun. First time it was a Charter Arms Bulldog (.44 spl) and the second time was a 1911 Colt in 45.

Today, I would go with my CZ 527 bolt action in 7.62X39 and my Smith 2.5 inch 686. Those two will do everything for me from CCW to hunting small to large. Very cheap to reload & shoot.

Cat
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Well my first choice for a bad times siduation would be a FAL and My Wilson Combat 45 auto.

My first choice for a Classic Leveraction would be one if my Pre-64 Winchesters Model 94's and a Colt Peacemaker in 45 Long Colt with one piece walnut grips or real Ivory.

But you said All-around, so for me that means choosing my Browning Steel Framed BLR in .308 Win with a 2x7 Leupold, and for my handgun, which is a lot harder for me to choose, would probably be my my Wilson Combat 1911 in 45ACP. Although, I was strongly leaning towards a 4 inch barreled Model 29 Smith and Wesson 44mag, and also the opposite end of the spectrum, a Smith and Wesson model 17 .22 long rifle. Another choice could have been a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44mag with a 4 3/4 inch barrel, and I wanted to even consider a Lightweight Commander which is my favorite carry gun.

But in the end, the 5 inch 1911 has always been a mainstay for me, a gun that I handle every single day, and one that has guarded my headboard while I slept for over 20 years.

So, with the BLR, I can hunt anything I can afford to hunt, or take out an enemy at 400yds away, and the with my 1911, I could defend myself at close range, carry concealed pretty confortabley, compete in several shooting competitions, and still yet take a deer or even a black bear in a pinch with the right ammo, after all, the balistics are about as good as any of the old timers had, years ago, when the country was a lot wilder.
NRA Life Member, Patron
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ron Macy wrote:With those parameters here in NE Indiana I'd go with 357 Magnum revolver and 22LR in a long gun. An extra long gun would be a lever 357 if allowed.
Yep - that's all the new administration WILL likely allow - they're probably even more interested in our 'minimalist gun battery' ideas than we are... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
cavebear803
Levergunner

Post by cavebear803 »

If push came to shove and I figured I had to live the nomadic life always in the "shadow" I would go with the marlin 45/70 and a m-19 in 357. Of course I would also make sure to carry a hand tool and a bullet mold for both that I could use unsized ( as it came from the mold) powder of course could be scrounged from other rounds you can't use, and both will work quite well with a large variety of "shotgun" powders. And neither have to be doing Mach 2 to kill efficiently; man or beast. I would also want a darn good 5-6 inch belt knife. :wink:
Everyday is a learning day!
Pain is good, pain is our friend, pain is the ONE TRUE constant in a changing world! Sargent David L. Meyers gone but not forgotten.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

10/22 with a dozen factory magazines and a six inch barreled .357 revolver (either Ruger's GP 100 or Security Six). These should handle any need I'm liable to face at my present locale, time in life and age. I have no concern about the efficacy of these tools within their limits and do have some confidence building experience with both calibers.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Catshooter, the cartridge belt is a "scout belt" so named by the Texas Rangers. This one came out of the "TEXAS RANGER MUSEUM" in Waco Texas. The rangers could carry rifle and revolver cartridges on the same belt on a long hunt for bad guys. This one was made by William Clay of Brownsville, Texas in around 1915. It has old 30-40 Krag and 38-40 cartridges in it, just as it had in the museum. You can still get these type of belts from "Classic Old West Styles" and "El Paso Saddlery" both of El Paso, Texas.

This is a new one.
"That'll Be The Day"
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

rangerider,

Thank you very much for both the explination and the very nice pics! I thought it may have been something like that.

Who made the new one? Looks like excellent kit.

Cat
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

Levergun 2.0
I see a 95 with a Lyman peep on it , hanging on your wall . Show us a pic of it
Image..Image
Image......Image
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

"That'll Be The Day"
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Rangerider7,

Now that is just TOO COOL for words!!! I learned a couple of things there, I'd never seen a cartridge belt like that. And to have the "real McCoy" from 1915 is just awesome!! I love the old ORIGINALS!! Thanks for the great pictures. And now I've got to learn more about the Winchester 1895. My grandpa fed the family with one in rifle form, when he homesteaded 100 miles NORTH of Edmonton Alberta in 1927. My cousin bears the family name (my mothers side) and justifiably owns the 1895 Winchester in .30-40 Krag. If he dies before me, it becomes mine but of course we must maintain the correct view point here. I'd just like to someday get an original that would somewhat duplicate it.

Geoff
TX Gun Runner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX Gun Runner »

Rangerider 7 , That a lever gun in my book . Thank for pic
Image..Image
Image......Image
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

El Chivo wrote:if you're talking all-around use, I wouldn't get them both in the same calibers. I would do one in .22 and one in a centerfire caliber.

I would probably go for a scoped handgun in .22 lr for small game hunting and a rifle in 30-30 for big game hunting.

If I was more worried about defense, I'd go for a .357 or .44 in the handgun, and a .22 for hunting. That would limit big game hunting to handgun ranges.
The point and pacuilarity of having a .357/.357 combo is that I can make it act like a .22 or a .30-30... and I only need one bullet mould and one set of reloading components.

Like I said... 30K of .22 is heavier than 30K primers, powder and a pair of pliers to acquire wheel weights...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
44LVR
Member Emeritus

Post by 44LVR »

GEOFF wrote:Rangerider7,

Now that is just TOO COOL for words!!! I learned a couple of things there, I'd never seen a cartridge belt like that.
I AGREE! That belt just made my wallet sit up and pay attention. TOO COOL!

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” Ronald Reagan
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Wow, you guys posted some great pics and thanks for sharing. It is appreciated.

And if I could only keep two guns, well, I guess there are several that would serve quite well, but boy would it be tough. For now, I want a 3 1/2" .357 S&W and my NKJ 16" M92 in .44 Special.

The S&W works fine for carry in town or out in the field, but if it's my only pistol - I'll keep the current eight shot version. Giving up the little J frame .38 is real, real hard.

And the M92 simply is one I'd really hate to lose. A close second choice for rifle is a tuned Tanker Garand in .308, although mine isn't near as good looking as the one above.

John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

That's a tough one.

Maybe a S&W 657 (41 Mag) with a 4" barrel, and a Marlin lever action in 41 Mag.

Or maybe the same setup in 357 Mag, OR

a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington and either of the above revolvers, OR

a Marlin 336 in 30-30 and either of the above revolvers.

Or maybe one of the above levers and a GI 45.......... :)