Yet another Brutal senseless Crime - Lake Station Indiana

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
45Jack
Levergunner 2.0

Yet another Brutal senseless Crime - Lake Station Indiana

Post by 45Jack »

LAKE STATION | A 38-year-old Lake Station woman's half-baked plot to get free party size pizzas led to a brutal attack on a delivery driver, Police Chief Mike Stills said.

"She later commended her son and boyfriend for their part in the attack, and then they ate the pizzas," Stills said.

On Tuesday, police arrested Tammy Hawkins; her boyfriend, Joseph Zeld, 30; and her son, Keith Hawkins, 18, all of the 4500 block of Cosner Street.

All three were arrested on probable cause robbery, with formal charges expected to be filed either today or Thursday through Lake County Superior Court, he said.

"We'll push for a higher felony because of the driver's serious injuries. I can't imagine anyone doing that for pizza," Stills said.

The driver, Samantha Wilson-Sayre, 21, of Portage, was airlifted to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Ill., where she underwent surgery on her head and hand, he said.

Wilson-Sayre, who was expected to be released from the hospital late Tuesday, had a metal plate inserted in her head and four metal pins placed in her hand.

Stills said Keith Hawkins told police that his mother, Tammy Hawkins, devised a plan Saturday night to have her boyfriend call J & J's Pizza Shack on Central Avenue in order to get free pizzas.

She allegedly instructed Zeld to call the pizza business, order three party size pizzas and give the name Frank, Stills said.

Hawkins also told Zeld to give the address of an unoccupied house for sale in the 4300 block of Cosner Street.

She reportedly told Zeld and Keith Hawkins to go to the house and wait in hiding until the pizzas, valued at about $100, were delivered, Stills said.

After arriving at the unoccupied residence, Wilson-Sayre was instructed by Zeld to go to the back of the house in order to receive payment, he said.

Keith Hawkins told police that it was then that Zeld struck Wilson-Sayre over the head with a metal club, Stills said.

Zeld apparently was starting to hit her a second time when Wilson-Sayre blocked the second blow with her hand.

"The doctor told us that if she would have been struck twice in the head she would have died," Stills said.

He said the victim fled the area in her car, then drove back to the pizza business where she explained what had happened.

A relative then drove her to St. Mary Medical Center in Hobart, he said. She later was airlifted to Loyola.

The victim, once conscious and starting to recover, helped put together a sketch of the suspects, which led police to issue warrants and make the three arrests, Stills said.

A manager at J & J's Pizza Shack said the restaurant is in the process of opening a benefit account for Wilson-Sayre through Centier Bank.

In addition, J & J's restaurants throughout the area as well as several Lake Station businesses are setting out collection canisters to help defray the medical costs for Wilson-Sayre, who had been employed at the pizzeria for the past 18 months.

http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2008/0 ... 828df8.prt
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Yet another Brutal senseless Crime - Lake Station Indiana

Post by stretch »

Once upon a time in this country, we used to hang people like that..........
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

WOW. Drawn and quartered comes to mind
I am glad to hear that her work and the comunity are comming together to help out.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Too bad the pizza driver didn't have a .45 ACP so she could prompt the bad guy to 'carefully reconsider his/her personal attitudes as towards interpersonal violence, and modify his/her career choices and human interactions accordingly.' The assailant probably suffers from a medical condition caused by a mineral deficiency - usually corrected rapidly by a dose of copper and lead. Too bad our politically correct 'court' system puts such people on the street, then takes out their anger on the honest individuals who own guns.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

stretch wrote:Once upon a time in this country, we used to hang people like that..........
If it were up to me, we would revert back to that kind of justice. :evil:
NRA Life Member
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them. I'd like to help change that law. Human garbage is proliferating like flies in this country.--------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them. I'd like to help change that law. Human garbage is proliferating like flies in this country.--------------Sixgun
Thing is... this is Indiana. She COULD have been carrying ("company policy" be darned) and he COULD have killed them... "legally". I know I would have given it (them) a good shot or five.

It's not her fault she was in the situation/she didn't start it, but it IS her fault she didn't end it.

BTW, Lake Station is part of the general Gary infestation and very near me.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

TedH wrote:
stretch wrote:Once upon a time in this country, we used to hang people like that..........
If it were up to me, we would revert back to that kind of justice. :evil:
+1

Hang a few of these predators, and this kind of BS would stop pretty darn quick. :evil:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

What possible use to society are people like that?

Keeping rope manufacturers in business is all I can think of.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

I am afraid that this is systemic from the whole hand holding, time-out giving, no-child-left-behind mentality. And I lay the blame at the feet of the attackers yes, but also at the feet of their parents and the legal system that allows and promotes the weeds of society to grow and thrive. This crime may have been prevented 20+ years ago if some one would have taught them all what the heck is expected of you and reinforced and deviation from that lesson with a belt. Now the only good remedy involves cutting them out of the society they chose to victimize and preferably out of this life they chose to wasted. But the worst thing is that what should have been done wasn't and now someone who was trying to do her job and actually fit into society is in the hospital. As a bonus taxpayers will be fitting the bill as these thugs are slowly walked through the "justice" system. All of this because of the early on lack of discipline and the later lack intestinal fortitude of a generation of hippies that thought that was oppression.
:evil:
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

game keeper wrote:What possible use to society are people like that?

Keeping rope manufacturers in business is all I can think of.
Bingo. That, and crash test dummies.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Sixgun wrote:Some people are alive simply because its illegal to kill them. I'd like to help change that law. Human garbage is proliferating like flies in this country.--------------Sixgun

Man, that's for sure!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gunslinger598
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gunslinger598 »

These reports seem to leave me speechless, or at least I can't add to what has already been said.

I refuse to be a victim. As a father of grown sons that is the lesson I continue to teach them. Both sons are gun owners. I have been encouraging them to get their CCW's.
AQHA Life Member
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

This is too close to home. My wife is a pizza delivery driver. And in IL she can't carry legally.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

darn animals.
Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
End the cycle of hatred, don't give them a tomorrow.
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

OD wrote:darn animals.
That's a real tragedy, the victim will suffer all of her life but the perps probably won't get punishment to fit the crime knowing how the revolving door criminal justice system works in the USA they'll be out doing it again to someone else in a couple of years.