OT Berreta M/L shotgun?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

OT Berreta M/L shotgun?

Post by Nath »

Should be meeting up with someone to view a Berreta Muzzle loader shotgun. It,s a super imposed model double. One barrel is cylinder and the other has some slight choke. I have heard good thing about these what do you know about them?
The gent selling it has used it on game, skeet and trap-sounds promising.
Hope it fits me :roll:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Not much, as I haven't even seen one in almost twenty-five years. :roll:
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

I remember when the over-under Beretta muzzleloaders first came out. They were quite a novelty among the shotgun shooters at the various rendezvous I attended in far northern California.
I also remember that the fellows shooting them had problems with the lower barrel mis-firing. It was attributed to the extra long length of the lower barrel's flash hole. Using quality percussion caps helped to alleviate the problem, but it was so common that the Berettas soon fell out of grace, and I have not seen one used in over ten years.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thanks guys, I have read that you have to keep that long flash tube clean so I would if I get it make a special tool for the job :!:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!