Snooky Williamson - still alive?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Last Spike
Levergunner 2.0

Snooky Williamson - still alive?

Post by Last Spike »

Just wondering if he's still around or passed away a few years ago.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Re: Snooky Williamson - still alive?

Post by Lefty Dude »

Passed on in the late 90's if I recall.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I swear I saw Snooky the other day. He and Elvis were having a cup of coffee.

Sorry, but I'm feeling silly this morning and this was my first thought when I saw your post. :roll: I think Mr. Williamson died too young. I'd love to discuss some of his findings with him.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Hobie wrote:I swear I saw Snooky the other day. He and Elvis were having a cup of coffee.

Sorry, but I'm feeling silly this morning and this was my first thought when I saw your post. :roll: I think Mr. Williamson died too young. I'd love to discuss some of his findings with him.
Weren't they sharing a PB&J, too? :lol:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

My Brother has his book on "Winchester's". The big blue book that is loaded with loads & targets. He was quite a fellow. :wink:
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

he was an interesting character. i had long telephone conversations with him several times, after i got his book. also corresponded a bit with him. he was very pleasant to talk with, with neat hunting stories. i do believe he passed on in the 1990's.
cable
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Mike D. wrote:
Hobie wrote:I swear I saw Snooky the other day. He and Elvis were having a cup of coffee.

Weren't they sharing a PB&J, too? :lol:
:lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

He died of the big C in the mid '90's. I was told at the time he had a 2nd edition of his book at the printers, but when he died it got caught up in a legal battle and will never be published. Too bad, I would have loved to have seen the updated load data.

He came into FA in '91 and spend most of the day there. We spent quite a little time together that day, and I thoroughly enjoyed his company.

Ed
Last Spike
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Last Spike »

What a shame. Would have been nice to have corresponded with him on a number of the loads he worked up on various levergun chamberings.