winchester USA white box ammo?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
maddog
Levergunner

winchester USA white box ammo?

Post by maddog »

My son and I both got .44 mags to use in our Indiana firearms season this year. His is a handi rifle, mine a Marlin 1894. Both are amazingly accurate little guns.

One of the brands we tried, was a box of Winchester USA white box ammo. Out of about 30 shots from both rifles we wound up with 10 split cases! :shock: Has this ever happened to any of you guys? Does anyone know how to get ahold of their QC dept.? I'd like to have a little chat with them :evil:

In all my years of shooting lots of factory ammo, the majority of it winchester, this is a first!

Mad Dog
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Re: winchester USA white box ammo?

Post by RKrodle »

WOW, 30 percent split cases is a lot. I would go to their web sight page, it should have an e-mail address or phone number. Is this happening in both rifles or only in one?
Ricky

DWWC
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Could be a lot of reasons for it. I'd try this first.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
maddog
Levergunner

Post by maddog »

Yeah, both guns. 4 in mine, which I threw away, and 6 from my son's, which I kept. Fired 27 rounds, have 23 left, which I don't intend to shoot.

Hobie, I went to that page, and intend to send them a email sometime over the weekend. Funny part, we shot .44 LE ammo thru both guns, and everything was perfect plus accurate. Also the win ammo was vey dirty and sooted up on the caseings split or not.

Mad Dog
Last edited by maddog on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
maddog
Levergunner

Post by maddog »

Well, I shot an email off to them. They are supposed to reply in 1-2 business days. We'll see what happens.

Mad Dog
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Update us when you here back from them please.
Ricky

DWWC
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've shot hundreds of those 130s out of an AirWeight and a 3" 36......very accurate and never a problem.........Must be owner Karma :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

I used some 380winchester white box ( NEW ) this weekend and the empties appeared to have dampness inside after firing . Then also my gun started hanging up about every third shot which hasn't happened before . The gun is a '8o s Bersa and has been excellent so far. Seemed the that a second shell started into place before the bolt could shove the first into place completely. Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance ...............................Mutt