Attention 45-60 reloaders

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Advanced Levergunner

Attention 45-60 reloaders

Post by 1886 »

I ordered a Lee 3 die set from midwayusa. The primary reason I chose the Lee set was that it was advertised as including the most excellent FCD. This is incorrect. The 3 die set includes the FL die, a powder through expander die sized .455", and a seater die but no FCD. I called Lee about this and they confirmed my fear. I let midway know of their error. I will have Lee make make me a FCD but this stinks! Lee makes a good product but the FCD was the clincher for me. Oh well. I know this info will not have broad appeal but if you can learn from my experience... Take Care, 1886.
Ysabel Kid

Re: Attention 45-60 reloaders

Post by Ysabel Kid »

What are they going to charge you for the FCD?

Lee wasn't making .45-60 dies when I got mine, and I didn't want to pay the price for them to do it custom, so I made my own by shortening a .45-70 FCD. :D
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I will have them make the FCD for $29.00 shipped. Not a bad deal but will have to wait 6-8 weeks. 1886.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

1886 wrote:I will have them make the FCD for $29.00 shipped. Not a bad deal but will have to wait 6-8 weeks. 1886.
They said 6-8 weeks with my custom 40-60FCD too, I told them to hold my whole order till it was ready because I still had the CH dies. They/I might as well save some shipping. I ordered the Lee die set, and some other parts including the automatic powder measure upgrade. About a week and a half later the whole order arrived, including the FCD. You might get surprised.
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Little Doc
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Little Doc »

lee had no 45-60 dies when i needed some so i cut down 45-70 dies and they work fine.
as far as FCD i ordered one for 45-70 knocked the center out and cut it off the length difference in the two cases. works like a champ. the same thing can be done if you make 38-55 out of 30-30. hope this helps.
little doc
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

I bought me a set of those 4D dies from buffalo arms and have been very pleased.