Wife and I shooting in the snow

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
black tail
Levergunner

Wife and I shooting in the snow

Post by black tail »

I took the wife out saturday and dusted off the old 44. She had a blast and is doing much better, if I let her shoot much more shell have to help me reload :D We use a 200gr Laser cast RNFP and 9gr unique for a blistering 1300+fps Yup its a 44-40 duplicate load, works great and is plenty accurate too. Her only complaint is that it kept running out of ammo, and pinching her thumb when she reloaded the rifle,b but she has got it down now and now she wants one of her own.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Wife and I shooting in the snow

Post by MikeS. »

Yep she is gonna have to help with the reloading now. Looks like fun.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I see you found a little time to go shooting!
I wouldn't mind seeing better pic of your levergun!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Well done there lady, looks like the ones that missed only just sneeked over the top.
Thanks for sharing. Thats some snow :shock:

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My wife and I think we are jealous. We'd like to have a house somewhere we could step out the back door and shoot. Looks like you and your wife had some cold fun.

So who picks the empties out of the snow?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
black tail
Levergunner

Post by black tail »

We have to go to my dad's witch is only 5 miles from my house so we are able to go quite often, and his brother lives next door and has a 200 yard range so I have the best open 365 days a year gun ranges, yes I'm lucky to have a wife that loves to shoot hunt and play along side me. I am also lucky to have a range so close to us. I truly am lucky.
Here is a pic of my lever gun and my SBH
Model 92 Rossi in 44 mag I bought in 1996 and the SBH is a standard 7.5" I bought in 1997 Someday I plan on changing to a fluted cylinder and round trigger guard but then again a new SS SBH may be in order.
Please honey can I have it :D
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Yup, that sure is how to have a good time. How about a close up of the rifle? Thank you for your service. Where are to have that kind of snow?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

black tail,

Very nice!

What's wrong with the video? :o Did you flip it right-to-left, or something like that? :wink: Your wife is shooting on the wrong side. :roll: :lol: :D :wink:

Seriously, that looks like fun, except for the snow... :mrgreen:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Thanks for sharing. Loved the pics.
I received one of those short little stainless SBH's in the early 90's and it has become my favorite .44 revolver. May Santa (or his helper) be kind to you this Christmas!
Grace and Peace.
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Ofcourse you can have that Ruger but stop calling me honey! It's not that kind of site :lol:

Nath :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
black tail
Levergunner

Post by black tail »

Nath wrote:Ofcourse you can have that Ruger but stop calling me honey! It's not that kind of site :lol:

Nath :lol:
I'd call yo what ever you like if I get a new SBH from you!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

If ever I got my hand on one in ole stupid England I'm keeping for me self and that would be that :wink: Honey :lol:

Nath.

(Hand guns were banned by idiots in power, power given by idiots, idiots who choose to not think and like being instructed for their own good).
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Yess, and she's a southpaw. One of the twenty or so percent that are in our right minds. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
black tail
Levergunner

Post by black tail »

jeepnik wrote:Yess, and she's a southpaw. One of the twenty or so percent that are in our right minds. :mrgreen:
Another reason we make a good pair I'm left handed and shoot right, she is right handed and shoot left, same as our middle boy. After six years of shooting whit her and not listening to what she had to say, then one day I said let ray left handed and boy did that make a difference. No me me buying a gun for me under the disguise for her :evil:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Beautiful place, beautiful wife (can't see much of her in the photo, but in my book, ANY woman who loves the outdoor life, and goes out in the snow to shoot is by definition 'beautiful'), and some nice shootin' irons. It doesn't get much better than that! 8) 8) 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
black tail
Levergunner

Post by black tail »

No it does not get any better. Thanks for the comments. Beautifully does not even begin to describe her. She can go from jeans and a flannel shirt in the middle of a gut pile to pin curls and all made up in a matter of minutes and be just at home in both. My Rossi, I went to the local gun shop while I was on leave say this rifle behind the counter took one look at it threw it up to my shoulder, sights fell right where I was looking, price was not a option, had the cash and bought the rifle no questions asked. The place Dads dad bought it in 1947 my dad bought it in1972, they had Hereford farm, that is all gone now, but between my dad and his brother the family still has all the land.