williams foolproof

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

williams foolproof

Post by Hankster »

for win 94.... saw one on an online auction for sale... shows only ONE mounting screw. Seller says thats all it comes with. My winnie is drilled/tapped for TWO screws.... is the seller wrong? Does the screw anchoring the elevation adjustment act as second mounting screw?? Never had one of these williams models before... Anyone know?
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: williams foolproof

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

There are two mounting screws. The elevation locking (gib) screw has nothing to do with the mounting of the sight. :D You must remove the gib screw and remove the cross arm to access the rear mounting screw though. :D
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The seller knows not of what he speaks. You'd be better off to go to Brownells or Midway and buy a new one that has all the mounting screws, apertures and instructions.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I agree. That dishonest or stupid seller will likely be asking top dollar for an incomplete sight. HOWEVER, if he isn't you can easily get the screw by writing/calling Williams Gunsight...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
2row
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 2row »

Midway has them on sale now for 27 or 28 $
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I bought this 94 new in 1955 or 1956 when I was a young teenager. I had the pad and foolproof put on maybe a year later. It hasnt been fooled with or readjusted since then. Its still right on the money. I once shot a nice buck with it in bad conditions at about 225 yards!