50 Alaskan conversion smith?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DJWright
Levergunner

50 Alaskan conversion smith?

Post by DJWright »

Looking for a good source to have a Marlin '1895 converted to 50 Alaskan. Am considering Turnbull, Nonnemen, or possibly Wild West Guns. Or. . . . any other ideas? I have heard great things about Turnbull and have had some work by him before and quality was beyond exellent. But cost is a factor as I'm on a tighter budget as of late. I've heard mixed reviews of Wild West, some not so good. Nonnemen I know nothing about. Suggestions?
stinkycat
Levergunner 1.0

Re: 50 Alaskan conversion smith?

Post by stinkycat »

Give J.D. Jones at SSK a call, they do conversions those I've seen were very nice!
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

M.L.McPherson is well thought of by many around here. He can be found on the home page under leveraction gunsmiths. 1886.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Here's my Marlin 1895 in 50AK done by Gary Reeder. The rifle shoots and feeds great! He had to sell me on the muzzle break but even with it the recoil is stout :shock: It also will prolong the life of your rifle's stock and scope if you decide to go that way. Image
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Foxtrapper, let's see that baby in action. Short barreled anythings can be bigunboomers. Made the mistake of chopping a 7.5" FA 83 in 454 Casull down to ejector rod length. Boy would that puppy bark. Got rid of it and went back to a 7.5".
Old Law Dawg
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Mine is a marlin cowboy done by Turnbull restoration. Heavier 26 inch barrel, decelerator pad added, williams 5d added and action smoothed. I'm happy with it, they do great work and delivered mine before the date promised.
k8bor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by k8bor »

Regan Nonneman does good work for a very reasonable price. He's done a couple things for me, and I was very happy with the price for work ratio. I believe an honest job for honest money. I think you'll see he's a bit less expensive than the rest of these fellas.
de k8bor

Dave
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I can say that Gary Reeder does some kind of good work. I have a 3 inch barrel 44 mag Redhawk that is always the talk when I get it out. SWEET. Gary is a good dude to deal with, and has opinions on politics that most people here would like.
Don
Levergunner

Post by Don »

Regan Nonneman does great work. Also look at wood fromTreebone.