Gun Show

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Gun Show

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Morning...went to the Longview Texas gunshow Saturday....couldn't walk for all of the people. Tons of black guns being toted around. Saw several really nice levers. Looked over 3 Marlin 336 in 375 Win average $495 in VG condition, a 336 30-30 from 1948 (big forearm) for the same, a couple of 336T's for a little less, 336's in 35 Rem were $375 up, cheapest 336 in 30-30 was $299, a 1894 in 357 was $599, a few Glenfields at $300, Winny AE's at $500 +, a NIB Puma 45 Colt at $495, a 1892 Winny 32-20 for more than my old pickup is worth and finally a really neat BSA Martini .310 converted to 357 Mag for $450 OBO. Bought a glass of ice tea and went home...

jumbeaux
colo native
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Gun Show

Post by colo native »

smart move
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

You didnt tell us, how was the beef jerky? Were the Beanie Babies moving? How was the variety at the jewelry tables? How about the cheap Chinese knives? Was the homemade fudge all gone when you got there? Inquiring minds want to know!! :D :D
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bearhands »

Had a similar experience here in PA this weekend..... town of 700 has a gun show (2X/year)...... this year the first day they had 1400 attend.... busted all the previous years' total by A LOT. All the vendors were running out of inventory and lots of people were carrying guns they bought... It was just wall to wall people. I did get lucky @ one vendor and got lots of reloading/gun cleaning stuff for less than 1/2 price :). New set of 30-30 Lee dies, 4 jags, 3 brushes and a set of S&W ear protectors.... all for $21 bucks :) So it was a good day for me.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Well they did have jewelery, didn't see any jerky, the Mosin rifles/carbines were selling @ $139 each....they were from Century and had been cleaned up and looked pretty good I guess. This show did have something that I have never seen before, 3 young ladies in high heels and skin tight t shirts and the shortest little skirts I think I have ever seen. They were giving out some sort of tickets or something. Their daddy should have whipped them for being in public dressed like they were.....I'm not a prude and like pretty ladies but being old enough to be their grandpaw and having a grandaughter I just don't think they should be at a gunshow. I will admit they drew a heck of a big crowd.

jumbeaux
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

What about the camo? Or do they expect you to bring your own? :D
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I usually go to 2 shows in my area and neither has jewelry, jerky or beanie babies. Seems like the Harrisburg, Pa does have some but I don't go to it very often.

When I stopped in Knoxville, Tn October of 06 they had that stuff and they were frying up fresh cracklins. Boy were they good!

The Mason-Dickson Line show I went to 2 weeks ago was way packed, you couldn't hardly move. I sure love a good gun show.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I kind of like the guy who sells the Terrorist hunting licences. We do have a fella who sharpens knives who goes to most of the shows, Ron Bush, and he is real good and reasonable in his prices. There are some people there who make the experience fun, but I have never understood what the homemade jelly for sale has to do with a gun show.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost