The Rifleman

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

The Rifleman

Post by SJPrice »

I just realized while watching the end of an old episode of "The Rifleman" that the drawing at the end during the credits has Lucas holding a model 92 with the loading gate on the left side. Does anyone know where I can get one of those? :)
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I cant remember where I seen the article. However it was from a reputable writer. I think Mike Venturo or maybe Gary Sitton. Anyways, There were several (3 I think) of the rifles used in the making of the rifleman. I also understand that Mr. Connors was indeed fairly handy with it as well and was an avid shooter and collector.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I am watching an episode now and the loading gate is on the right side. I will watch to the end and see what the credits show. 1886.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

O.K. The episode just finished. The credits show what looks like his rifle. The receiver on the rifle looks a little long but the picture is drawn not filmed. I did not see a loading gate on the left side of the receiver but rather what looks like a saddle ring. His rifle is an S.R.C. The beginning of the show shows Chuck blowing off several rounds and then reloading the carbine on the right side. 1886.
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

okay, could be the saddle ring I see, but it looks to be in the wrong place for a saddle ring. It is a drawing so I will give em that.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

On the cover of the movie "Enemy at the Gates" the Mosin has the bolt on the left side. A simple error of getting the pic reversed.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

SJPrice,

Lucas' Winchester 92 was, essentially, a hopped-up saddle ring carbine, .44 WCF. There were TWO Winchesters used on the show. There was an el Tigre copy used for the "rough handling" sequences. This site will help you:

http://www.riflemansrifle.com/

Here is some info about McCain's rifle:

http://www.riflemansrifle.com/the_riflemans_rifle.htm

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

It seems like ole' hagler has it covered. 1886.