Neat pictures (one is a levergun)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Neat pictures (one is a levergun)

Post by Slick13 »

Found the following pictures on a forum devoted to vintage denim and thought some people here might enjoy them.

First must be from the late 50s.

I'd guess this one is from the 40s or 50s. Is that a S&W #3 on his hip?

Those are some darn skinny Wranglers!

~Michael
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Re: Neat pictures (one is a levergun)

Post by nemhed »

Slick13 wrote:a forum devoted to vintage denim
The internet never fails to amaze and mystify me! Cool old photos though!
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

I don't consider myself all that old, but I can remember hating new jeans because they took so long to get broke in!
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

As I mentioned before, back then a pair of Levi's cost $3.95. They shrank (it was gospel that the "fast" girls sat in a bathtub full of hot water to get the ultimate fit...), turned everything inthe washing machine blue on the first washing, and wore like iron. And we did turn the cuffs up.
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

What skinny Wranglers?
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:What skinny Wranglers?
+1 :D
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick13 »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:What skinny Wranglers?
The slim Jims looking over their shoulder at the pretty lady are wearing Wrangler jeans (the W on the back pocket). They're some pretty skinny dudes!

~Michael
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

The pic is darker on my home computer; of course, I'm not likely to look at how skinny a cowboy is when there's a babe around...
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick13 »

JustaJeepGuy wrote:The pic is darker on my home computer; of course, I'm not likely to look at how skinny a cowboy is when there's a babe around...
Understood, though if she's gonna get all dolled up for Life magazine, she could have done a little more with her hair.

The two cowboys caught my eye because for me they so fit that cliched image in my head of the late 50s/early 60s cowboy.

~Michael
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick13 »

nemhed wrote:
Guess there's a bunch of us that think it doesn't get much cooler than dark, straight, cuffed jeans.

People probably think I look like a goofball in my 40s style 501s, but as someone born in 1976 and raised on 50s & 60s music, and wishing I'd lived through that era (and feeling very out of place today), I love 'em.

Here's another photo, sorta appropriate to the forum. This farmer is shooting at hawks that are preying on his chickens. I wouldn't want to be down range when that 220 gr .30 cal starts back to earth.

~Michael
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Slick13 wrote:
nemhed wrote:
Guess there's a bunch of us that think it doesn't get much cooler than dark, straight, cuffed jeans.

People probably think I look like a goofball in my 40s style 501s, but as someone born in 1976 and raised on 50s & 60s music, and wishing I'd lived through that era (and feeling very out of place today), I love 'em.

Here's another photo, sorta appropriate to the forum. This farmer is shooting at hawks that are preying on his chickens. I wouldn't want to be down range when that 220 gr .30 cal starts back to earth.

~Michael
Great pix! How about the guy fueling the bike with a cigarette (gasp!) hanging out of his mouth? And that looks like the gas station where I fueled up my '47 Mercury convertible and later my '55 Chevrolet. And the farmer with the Krag? Well...
Use what you got, I guess. (No worries about law suits then, just the possible outbreak of a feud.)
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

My Mom always bought my jeans 1 or 2 waist size too large and 3-4 inches too long, built in growing room. Those old Levis seemed to last forever. Always had rolled up cuff and never without a belt.
UNITE