FYI for you Sig owners

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

FYI for you Sig owners

Post by jdad »

Just an fyi,
If you have a 226, 229, or 220 there is a 22Lr CONVERSION.

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/ShowPr ... ductid=266
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Ysabel Kid

Re: FYI for you Sig owners

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hmmm - A Sig has been on the list for a while. Now may be the time...
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Jdad,

Thanks for the link! My Sig is in .357 Sig and ammo is quite expensive. I've got to seriously look into this.

This Sig of mine is the stainless one that is blackened. You talk about a tough gun with a tough finish. Totally a working gun, could use the term "tool" and it takes a BEATING, never gets cleaned and seldom oiled. AND GOES BANG EVERY TIME!!!! And that finish looks pretty doggone new! Excellent gun!

Geoff
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

I was advised of a special deal in which you buy a SIG with only the .22 LR upper unit installed, and it comes with a coupon for buying a centerfire upper unit. It is not cheap to buy the original .22 pistol, but the price for the centerfire upper is low enough to make the whole package much more worth it. I don't recall the prices, but there was some internet buzz about it a while back. A local dealer just received a P220 in .22 LR that came with one of those coupons. As the P220 does not fit me very well, I didn't check the price. The P226 and P229 do fit me, and I have several P229s, so I will be on the lookout for such a package in those models, or perhaps just the conversion unit. Meanwhile, my K-frame .22 acts as a rimfire understudy gun for my SIGs, the K-frame pointing the same, and duplicating the DA pull very well.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

The 22 caliber complete 226, 229, and 220 are between $375 and $400. The coupon inside, for the centerfire upper, is $399. That's a pretty good deal.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.