OT - Charter Arms Patriot

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Charter Arms Patriot

Post by 6pt-sika »

I already own a Ruger SP101 for the 327 Federal and like it well enough !

However one with a tad longer barrel would be nice to have . So recently I saw an article on the "Charter Arms Patriot" which was in what they called a 4" target model for the 327 Federal .

Now I would like to know what anyone knows about RECENT manufacture Charter Arms revolvers !

And if someone has a Patriot in particular I would very much like to hear what they have to say !

Thanks in advance :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Charter Arms Patriot

Post by jeepnik »

I picked up one of their Southpaws a while back. No complaints. Does what it's supposed to.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Tommy Reb
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Tommy Reb »

I have two of their 44 Spl Bull Dog Pugs that I like just fine.
Unreconstructed
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I just got a 'Pug' to 'complete' a set, http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=15198 and the first fifty or so rounds have gone fine. No appreciable looseness or problems except the little 'cone' that slides on the ejector rod was stiff at first (it will lock in the front of the frame to make for a stronger lockup than most small guns). I don't think anyone claims Charter Arms guns are like Rugers where you can shoot cases and cases of hot loads and nary a rattle, but for carry they can't be beat. You could shoot .32 H&R's in it too, and likely reduce wear and tear, saving the hot stuff for when you really need it.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote: You could shoot .32 H&R's in it too, and likely reduce wear and tear, saving the hot stuff for when you really need it.
You are quite correct !

However ............................... :!:

I don't wish to shoot 32 Mag's in a 327 . Part of my reason is the fact that I have two other Ruger revolvers chambered for the 32 Mag cartridge !

I do however feel that the longer barrel of the Charter Arm's "Patriot" would be better suited to some medium to semi warm cast bullet loads :wink:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The Charter's I have seen seem to be about the same quality as a Taurus/Rossi. They aren't quite as good as an SP101! :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hobie wrote:The Charter's I have seen seem to be about the same quality as a Taurus/Rossi. They aren't quite as good as an SP101! :wink:
I'd rather have a factory made Blackhawk chambered for the 327 !

But the Charter Arm's with the 4" barrel seems like a pretty decent candidate . I would certainly take it ove a Taurus !
william iorg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by william iorg »

I have a Patriot and I like it pretty well. The Charter Arms is not a S&W but it is a good serviceable gun with just a few minor drawbacks.

Mine will push the 115-grain Gold Dor factory load 1,430 fps which is a smoking load for a 32 with 115-grain bullet.
I have shot mine beside the 32 H&R Magnum Buckeye Blackhawk and the 30 Carbine Blackhawk. The link below has the details. I am a big fan of the cartridge and wish S&W would make a Kit Gun like the Patriot and another run of the Model 16's.

Some owners have reported extraction problems with the Ruger SP101 but I have never experienced a problem with the Patriot and I have explored the “upper reaches” of Lil’ gun and the 115-grain bullet.

http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm ... 27+federal
Slim