i'm really a dachshund

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

i'm really a dachshund

Post by pokey »

that's my bull dog, been chased off his bed by a 7lb female dachshund.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: i'm really a dachshund

Post by Old Savage »

A friend of mine had two Rotweillers that the dachshund would chase all around the house. They would run like He((. :D Fun to watch.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

It's all in the attitude. Our mini dachshund ruled the roost - until the cat came along! :wink:
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

YK you're right about the attitude. My mini dachshund would tell you he's 6'4" and 250 lbs if he could speak. I've seen him go after dogs 10 times his size without fear. I don't know, maybe he's just not too bright. :D
NRA Life Member
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

My Great Dane Lucy will not even go near my Mom's little beagle mix.

That little dog weighs about 40 pounds maybe and this 125# Dane wants
nothing to do with her! Kinda funny Lucy could squash her like a bug but she'll run
behind me and growl.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Y'all should have seen my sweet old Golden Retriever when we brought our Miniature Schnauzer home.
Foile there Pepper was like a six pound earring on a 95 pound Golden Retriever. And Golda would walk around with the puppy hanging from her ear acting as happy as she could be. Same thing when Pepper was hanging from her tail.

Even now, our 14-pound Pepper bosses our 114-pound Pyr around and makes sure she knows who is top dog. She does the same with our new Boxer puppy even though he is three times her size.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

Reminds me of a tea-cup Chihuahua we had years ago that hought it was the biggest thing out there. His name was Pepper too. What was worse was a neighbor had one of those Irish Wolfhounds that was scared of its own shadow and when little pepper would start barking and chasing, the wolfhound would run off adding fuel to the fire. Then one day, pepper thought he would chase off a pack of mutts that were roaming around when they were not amused. We heard him screaming as he made it underneath a car before he became lunch. After I chased those other dogs off, he never did that again.

Is that a Boston?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We have a little 14 pound Atlas Terrier which bosses our 40 pound Heinz and our 80 pound Boxer mix. The Atlas Terrier isn't afraid of anything we have found yet. It is hilarious when she attacks the Grackle birds as they stop on their migration.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

This is our dachshund "Hootie" when we brought her home 5-years ago. She has ruled the roost ever since. She pushed her way in and gave our big dog a run for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ED
Yer never too old
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Our female mini has every one completely snowed under with exception of one multi-personality outdoor cat.Had to save her from a face down with a yearling blacktail buck once-out weighted 10 to 1 made no difference.She also knows when other cats are in the yard-hates the next door cat and will give chase right to their door if allowed.If it is not one of her cats then it is not allowed.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

morgan in nm wrote:

Is that a Boston?
i really don't know what he is , kinda looks bull dog/boxer/staffordshire[pit bull].
all i know is , he's my pal. always happy to see me , likes to go shooting ALOT [hearing's
not so good anymore]. is good with the family , and has a ferocious bark [burglar alarm].
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

C.jpg
This is our dachshound Casper, 8 months old. He is a nice companion at the stalk.

Old Sh.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

:lol: I love my dogs more than i love my guns (well, most of my guns) -- and thats a big statement

OK-- here's my big dogs --- a overweight Border Collie and a Rott./Boxer mix who is even scared of the cat, wanna take a guess who the boss is? Cupcake , my wife's 10+ year old Pekingnese --- she's the boss of me in some ways too (the dog, not the wife)

God bless little dogs. Look at that happy smile :D :D
----- Doug
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Contrary to popular belief - size doesn't matter -

Big fawn brother, Charley, weighs 249# (not obese - ribs show) and, no, the furniture is not minature (hey, it's been asked)

Jumps to commands of the "leader" - alpha brindle sister Katie - only 205#

OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Those are some funny lookin horses OJ :lol: :shock: I actually dont think i've ever seen a dog that big in person (either one - even your "little dog")
----- Doug
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Streetstar wrote:Those are some funny lookin horses OJ :lol: :shock: I actually dont think i've ever seen a dog that big in person (either one - even your "little dog")
We showed Mastiffs for years but retired when I retired from surgery 15 years ago and, not only are these the largest we've ever had, our "little" brindle girl is bigger than ony male we'ver ever had and Charley holds the record by far. Hard to believe he was the "runt" of the litter - giving us a real bargain price. He's now the largest - all others in the litter are Champions of record with the AKC.

Guess if you have a litter of 10 and only 8 nipples, a dog as mellow as he is couldn't get a spot to feed enough to grow big until he came to live with us.

Then, at 11 weeks old -

Now, the welcoming committee -

The little one on the left is my wife - who claims to be 5'3" tall but her weight is "classified" and I don't have security clearances at that level.

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Old Shatterhand
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Old Shatterhand »

Nice dog photos. These mastiffs are really impressing.

But the title of the thread reminds me of a funny little game at a british film site: http://www.gone2thedogs.com/ Choose "game" at the left side and make the test. The test told me that I was a "blue-tickled coon hound".

Regards,

Old Sh.
Winchester model 88 .308 WCF
Winchester model 71 .348 WCF
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

This is my miniature dachshund furkid. His name is Keylock and is a little more than 10 years old. He weighs in at a staggering ten pounds and is my companion with me on the truck.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Bullet Bob

Post by Bullet Bob »

My wife and I have dog-sat two of those small dogs who allegedly were fearless alpha-killers, on two different weekends. One was a miniature schnauzer, and the other was some kind of furball, I forget. Anyway, the same thing happened with both. As soon as they came in, they tried to terrorize our Golden Retriever, who just gave them a questioning "what's your problem" look, and our German Shepherd, who looked at us to ask if it was okay to do something about the noisemaker. Not getting the total attention they were used to, both decided on their respective visits to immediately go after that calm, relaxed, 17 pound gray cat stretched out near the fire. Mick taught those dogs a lesson in mere seconds they could not have learned any other way. They were much better behaved for the rest of their weekends with us. Here's Mick doing what he does best: