SS Rossi 3" 44 Spl.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Scrateshooter
Levergunner

SS Rossi 3" 44 Spl.

Post by Scrateshooter »

I went to the Tucson Gun Show Saturday and only walked around the outside. I saw a stainless Rossi with a bobbed hammer chambered in 44 Special, it had fixed sights. The guy wanted $349 for it. I also saw an older Marlin 1894 chambered in 44 mag going for $350. I new if I bought one I would have to buy the other, so I walked away. Grandpa will probably rile me for not picking up that Marlin. I sold a S&W 29-2 to my roomate for $750 so that go me out of the .44 racket.
"Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." Revelation 1:3
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: SS Rossi 3" 44 Spl.

Post by Pisgah »

I picked up a Rossi .44 such as you describe several months back for $250. It had knocked around in someone's pickup truck for a couple of years, and looked it, but a bit of time with a ScotchBrite pad made it like new again. Slick action, accurate, and easy to carry.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Probably a 720 Rossi, my wife stole mine so I had to get another. Ours both have the adjustable sights and 'target' hammer, and fluted cylinders and rubber grips. The same model number is used for variants with fixed sights and bobbed hammer, and either can have wood grips or a non-fluted cylinder. There was a pair of the fixed-sight, bobbed-hammer version at a recent show here, I really wanted one of them but $400 seemed a bit high, even if I had had money. I paid under $300 for both of the ones I have.

By the way that's my very favorite handgun to shoot. If S&W had made one, I'd have that instead, but their 696 is the larger L frame. This is more like a K frame.

One thing- it's from before Rossi was bought by Taurus, so there is no factory, you can't get service on them. That's one reason I wanted another one, in case one broke I wouldn't be without.
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

Yep, THe Rossi 720. I've had a couple of the adj sighted version.

bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Can't go wrong with any 44 Special as far as I'm concerned.
3-4 inch barrels are the best for always having it around
when ya need it.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”