Did the deed - Pre-Remington 336A

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Did the deed - Pre-Remington 336A

Post by El Chivo »

Well I stopped by the Big 5 and luckily caught their after-Christmas sale, so went ahead and bought the 336 in 30-30 I was thinking about. I don't buy used guns, and I didn't want to wait and find them unavailable or more expensive under the new ownership.

So now I have a 336 that will take factory copper ammo and is my favorite gun to carry. I may try a low-power variable scope on it, we shall see.

That's the last open spot I have in the safe.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[That's the last open spot I have in the safe.]

Time for another safe. :roll:
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win40-82 »

No used guns? If I was that way I would have to of been born in 1879 to own my Winchester 76. :lol:
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I don't feel that I know enough to make a good evaluation of a used gun. Maybe someday.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

sobenk wrote:I don't feel that I know enough to make a good evaluation of a used gun. Maybe someday.
WellSir, you just buy it and send it to me for five years and I shall return it with a full recommendation or not.......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I can't remember when I bought a "new" gun. 8)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gordylew »

For the price of a new Marlin you could have bought 2 used ones. :D
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Did the deed - Pre-Remington 336A

Post by horsesoldier03 »

sobenk wrote: I don't buy used guns, and I didn't want to wait and find them unavailable or more expensive under the new ownership.
Just wanted to thank you for not buying used guns! It leaves alot of great deals out there for the rest of us! :D Hope you enjoy your new 336, if I ever get out of my string of bad luck (got a ticket last week and this week someone hit and ran my pick-up) maybe I will get me a new gun or a used one!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Mike D. wrote:I can't remember when I bought a "new" gun. 8)
If it wasn't for MY 1876... :lol: Ok, so it isn't a Winchester... :wink: The vast majority of my guns are used.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I'm not putting down buying used guns, it's just that I'm new at this and kind of want to break them in on my own. I've always bought used everything, cars, musical instruments, furniture. Guns are cheap enough anyway. So more power to you guys...of course all my guns became used guns once I got them to the range.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I felt the way you do about most things (especially cars and tools) until I noticed something about many used guns: generally the wear is cosmetic, and the gun was not fired much at all. Not always the case, but easy enough to spot, and saves you hundreds for reloading supplies, leather, etc.
You also feel less hesitant to customize a bit - strip off that so-so stock finish, cut the barrel down, add sights, rechamber, whatever.
DonW1
Levergunner

Post by DonW1 »

Sobenk, ALL my guns are used. To me, once you walk out that door of the gunshop, like driving the new car off the lot, its considered by most as used. There are several positive aspects for used guns though. 99+% of the recognized collectibles are used. Many used models, even though not collector grade as yet are no longer avail on the new market. Also, Marlin doesn't make Marauders and Texans anymore. No more Winch BB. Savage 99's ? - "pearls" among both shooters and collectors, but no more "new" ones. Don't miss out on the real fun of the used gun market - both from dealers and private sales. Don
Last edited by DonW1 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Soby, I like to buy them new myself. I will buy used what isn't made anymore or as new. I like to put them in service and then they are really mine.
Last edited by Old Savage on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Get another safe. :P
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...