Winchester 1894 needs a good cleaning

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Winchester 1894 needs a good cleaning

Post by hondo1892 »

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted any photo's of my new girl. I was trying to wait until I got my new 76 uberti. My 1894 needs a good action cleaning. I have never pulled one completly apart before. Is there a site anywhere on the net that has diagrams or instuctions on the take down of one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gene Dip
Levergunner

Re: Winchester 1894 needs a good cleaning

Post by Gene Dip »

If you're referring to a Win M94, I use this for mine:
http://www.castbullet.com/misc/tdown.htm
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

thanks guys.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

No better way to get to know your new girl!

ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hondo, Win 94s are the second simplest lever actions ever made. Only the Marlins are simpler.

I took my first one apart when I was 16. No internet, no help from anybody else, no coaching from gunsmiths, I just got an exploded drawing from a Numrich catalog, some screw drivers and did it. They are not complicated. And if you don't want to take them apart you can clean them with out it.

Take off the butt stock, open the action and hose them out good with break clean or carb cleaner and then use a small tooth brush to get into the cracks and crevices. Lube it and put it back together.

Look at Scott's exploded picture, simple. I know it looks complicated, but it's not.

By the way Scott, if you need help putting that carbine back together just box it up and send it to me. I'll put it back together and test fire it for safety sake. :twisted: :twisted:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Having just stripped down and cleaned my first and only Win 94, I can say it was a bit of a challenge compared to my Marlins, but not rocket science. Having done it once it will be a cinch next time. I can definitely understand now why everyone loves their Win. 94's. :wink:
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

If I owned any firearms, I would detail strip them, clean them, and lube them before re-assembly. But that's just me.
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Hope that aint mama's table you're using salvo!
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

:lol: It's a spare table in the game room, would not have a chance in the dining room :oops:
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Best way to get to know an ol gal is to fiddle with her innards! :lol:
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

I have a copy of the 1894 take down procedures from an old factory manual. It is very detailed with words and pictures. I can mail you a copy if you PM me your address.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Dave wrote:I have a copy of the 1894 take down procedures from an old factory manual. It is very detailed with words and pictures. I can mail you a copy if you PM me your address.
Dave,

I don't mean to butt in, but would you be willing to email me a copy too? As much as I know, I can always learn more.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Could you just scan it, and post it as a PDF here?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1