Uberti 1876

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Uberti 1876

Post by hondo1892 »

I bought me a 76 repro in 45-60 yesterday and would like to hear from others what kind of smokeless loads your using. I have a RCBS 457325 mold. Has anyone used this boolit in your loads? I will be trying some black powder also. Don't mind the gun clean up with bp but the cases are the a pain to clean for me. I also picked up a Rodeo in .45. Which 255 gr. swc mold do you guys like the best Lyman or RCBS? Had to clean out a few other guns to get these but I can't shoot all of them anyways. Aint life good.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Uberti 1876

Post by RIHMFIRE »

there are a few guys here that shoot the 76
and i'm sure they will help....
I cant stand cleaning up after BP...but
I have heard that when you go to the range
bring a jar of soapy water and drop your shells
in there....and after a while, they will clean up nicely....
then drop them in the tumbler
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

300 grain LRN-FP; the 1876 is pretty sensitive on OAL, at least my Chaparral Arms reproduction is. Trim back .45-70 brass, and thin the rim. KirkD has a paper on this, and is our resident expert on the load. Accurate Arms 5744 powder - but I can't recall the exact charge. Will look it up.

These are fun guns. Wish mine was an Uberti! Congratulations! 8)
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Thanks rihmfire. I've heard the same about the water bucket. Wondering if there were any other clean up tricks. The guns usually aren't bad for cleaning up, but maybe thats because I'm used to doing muzzleloaders.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

Hi
I picked up a Uberti 76 45/60 myself recently, though I haven t shot it yet as I m assembling componets for it.As for cleaning your brass a lot of guys use Windex with vineagar or a solution of soap water and vineagar.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hobie has some good info on his blog. Just scroll down a ways.

http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com/s ... bel/Rifles

He probably has something about your pistol too - I think he owns one.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...