gardens can have tie ins to guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

gardens can have tie ins to guns

Post by brucew44guns »

In all the chaos of the political scene, and people out of work, have you guys remembered to get those tomato plants in the ground? I had some planted, then the neighbor came by and gave me more. Even had a few of those ones Tycer likes, Cherokee Purples, I started those myself. Discovered I had 53 plants in the ground, recalling the number of my Browning Model 53. Had 5 Cherokee Purples, the number of Model 71's in the safe. Had 44 Jalapeno plants, got several 44 mags. Planted 12 Bell Peppers, the gauge of all my shotguns. I suppose I could match other garden numbers to something I have in the way of firearms.

It would take a lot more than an Obamination to keep me out of the dirt when it's time to plant the seasons tomato crop. I was really enjoying the day out there till that darned Census guy stopped with his GPS instrument!!! I asked him if the Govt was going to start taxing tomatos.?
Last edited by brucew44guns on Wed May 13, 2009 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: gardens can have tie ins to guns

Post by rjohns94 »

thats a big garden!!! I put tomatoes, peppers, cucs and basil and celantra in. thats about it this year.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Did without a garden for a few years. Last couple of years we used big pots for maters and peppers, but the deer and rabbits kept them cut down. My wife laughed until the rabbit cut down her giant sunflowers.This year we put some big pots on the front deck, maters, cukes and peppers. maybe we can keep the deer off the porch.Ya'll enjoy your gardens.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Yep, I found some new ones this year to try. A datil pepper. History says it came from Africa but was grown around St.Augustine. I plan on using it in vinegar to put on my collards. My wife loves 'em that way. The seeds won't germinate until the soil temp is up to 80° or better.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hmmm... growing your own food. Looks like Bruce is on "the list" twice now! :shock:
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

After living in KS for 5 years it always astounded me that anything could grow there in the summer.
plants always seemed to flourish, though. I miss the fishing and hunting there, and wish I still lived there.

Regards,

Troy
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Coupla more weeks here in Maine until I plant.

It's been kinda cool so far this spring, so there's no point in
pushing things. They'll just sit there and wait for it to warm up
before they do anything, anyway.

I love eating out of the garden.
brianh
Levergunner

Post by brianh »

If you enjoy a very acidic, strong-flavored tomato, try silvery fir tree. The leaves are strange, but the fruits taste great, makes the best BLT, just wish they grew a little bigger.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Montana gardens usually grow 200 to 300 lbs of venison. We plant from 3 rd week of may on depending if it still making frost. danny