Well, how's YOUR morning?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Well, how's YOUR morning?

Post by jnyork »

Got up about 7:00 AM this morning, New Year's Day, bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to hit it with a great exuberance. I feel great and ready to celebrate exactly 15 years of total sobriety, not a drop has crossed my lips. My eyes are clear and there's a spring to my step!! :D

This morning my Lovely Bride and I will likely go over to the Marine Corps Air Station and work out at the gym for about an hour and a half, later this afternoon might take her to lunch and go visit friends. Got some reloading to do also.

Weather guesser says 70 degrees and sunny here today. Wonderful day to be on the right side of the sod.

Happy New Year to all.
444Hal
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 444Hal »

Got a pot of coffee on the stove, got some old time cowboy music playing on the internet & “Death Huntâ€
Kilroy6644
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Kilroy6644 »

I'm a bit hungover, and I'm just waiting for the massacre at 1:00.
KILROY WAS HERE

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs."
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

jnyork -

Would that be the Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma, AZ?

Used to do a lot of fishing at Seanator's Wash on the CA side of the Colorado River. Also used to camp out in the Motor Home on the Colorado River at an RV site just outside the Yuma Proving Grounds.

Good luck durning the New Year.
ED
Yer never too old
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Spent last night at the Dallas Stars hockey game, rang in the new year at home to avoid amateur night.

Woke up this morning thinking about Mom who passed last summer, spent the rest of the morning with coffee, my wife, the cats and a couple of message boards. Headed to Dad's in a bit to drop his trailer off.

The rest of the day is dedicated to picking up The Boy from the airport and cleaning some revolvers. Range time won't be until later this week or maybe next week.

FWIW, I don't do anything bright eyed and bushy tailed when I wake up. Mornings are not my thing... :twisted:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Modoc ED wrote:jnyork -

Would that be the Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma, AZ?

Yup. We are some of Arizona's dreaded showbirds!! :D
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

:evil: hung over, sippen' some hairof the dog right now. a happy and healthy newyear to all. it's been a rough year for family and friends; heath issuess,job losses, mortgage forclosures,bankruptcy and a lot of cancer. so far it's bypassed me. hope 2008 treats us better.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

[quote="444Hal"]Got a pot of coffee on the stove, got some old time cowboy music playing on the internet & “Death Huntâ€
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I'm like Al Bundy, married with kids. :D We went over to my parents house, had a great dinner, came home, I was snoring by 10pm, got up at 6:30, made coffee............9:30 the wife gets up, son is still out cold from staying up to 1am, so he could watch all the fireworks outside, and as soon as he's up we'll all go to the gym, then I'm off to the range.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Had some family friends over last night, and both the kids managed to stay up to watch the ball drop. No drinking myself - and light for those who chose to do so. In bed by 1:00am, and up at 8:00am. Going to get cold here the next couple of days, so I spent the morning outside taking down the decorations. 10 extension cords, 12 wreaths, 2 spotlights, 2 deer and a sleigh and 38 strands of lights later, I'm about to eat lunch! :wink:
Maddog521
Levergunner

Post by Maddog521 »

jnyork---Isn't it great being sober? I have been on the same road since 1983. The "black cloud" is gone and I sure feel alot better. Congrats on your sobriety. Enjoy
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

jnyork - great morning here in Dallas! I fixed breakfast, fed the dogs, read the paper and then took OJ to the wife and told her breakfast was ready!

444Hal - please let us know how those 405 Beartooths shoot. I have some 325 and 405 Beartooths that are next on my load list, so any tips or suggestions would be welcome.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Well, morning for me being 4 P.M., I let the dogs out, made some tea and oatmeal, and am looking at internet forums right now, while still eating, forty minutes later. Good morning y'all, and Happy New Year! Hey, I worked last night; my bedtime was after 0800. I was topping up the patrol car's gas tank at midnight. Nobody, to my knowledge, got killed within my patrol area last night, so it was a good start for the year. :)
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
Kilroy6644
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Kilroy6644 »

Kilroy6644 wrote:I'm a bit hungover, and I'm just waiting for the massacre at 1:00.
And there was no massacre. Michigan won!
KILROY WAS HERE

"It's too bad that whole families have to be torn apart by something as simple as wild dogs."
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Maddog521 wrote:jnyork---Isn't it great being sober? I have been on the same road since 1983. The "black cloud" is gone and I sure feel alot better. Congrats on your sobriety. Enjoy
Sure is great, all right. AND, I have a lot more money for ammo!! :lol:
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Congratulations to the both of you!!!!!!!!!! In Jan 8, I wukk have 25 years!!!! Great life!!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

I took my wife and daughter out to dinner last night, and then we stopped on the way home to get a bottle of shiraz. The child fell asleep before we got home, so we put her to bed and played Life, (remember that board game?). Wife and I had some "quality time" (bow-chicka wow-wow) and then watched the ball drop.

This AM we made a breakfast of bacon and pancakes, and I cleaned my Winchester for storage in the safe. Another good year for that gun, and unless I decide to hog hunt with it, it will stay in the safe until next September.

Lots of things to do this year, schoolwise and all, but I'd love to develop a load for my Ruger BH in .357mag for hogs and then go shoot one.

Best wishes to all in '08!