Forum Benefits

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Forum Benefits

Post by 86er »

What benefit does it do to utilize this forum?

Well for me, I met two of my best friends on this forum, CRS and RKrodle.
I have a cadre of others I consider friends that I have spent time with personally including but not limited to: 2ndovc, Griff, Old Ironsights, Tycer, RJohns94, Bosco, Piller, BrianSH and Alnitak.
I have been privileged to get great deals on rifle, ammo, and other items.
I have been fortunate to sell rifles, ammo, and other items.
You learn something new all the time.
Likeminded folks get together for likeminded activities.
Someone always has a load recipe, first hand knowledge and experience and a referral.
People you have never met will pray for you and with you.
I have been the client of others businesses with perfect satisfaction and many of you have become my clients.
We share personal stories and some of us come to know one another without ever having met in person.
The light is always on - if you need some reading material, a pick-me-up or some data the door is always open.
The sponsors stand by their products and treat forum members as VIP customers
No other levergun or classic firearm website/forum has the amount of participation, knowledge or dedication

I have worked hard to assist the owners and moderators in funding this site so it remains a place to meet your friends and share news, information and stories with anyone who wants to listen (well, read).

Thanks
Last edited by 86er on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Forum Benefits

Post by Old Ironsights »

+1.

Occasionally families have a goofy/obnoxious uncle (or 3) who comes out of the basement at just the wrong moment and embarrasses everyone at dinner, (and every now and again everyone has their own "goofy uncle moment",) but we generally love them just the same...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Well said, Joe. For all of its imperfections, this is the best forum of its type on the web. I can't think of another place where such learned, intelligent, giving and upstanding members abound. There are many here, even without meeting, that I would trust in any circumstance, you among them. I hope we all keep your perspective in mind as we struggle with our forum growing pains.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

This forum has given me (a poor limey) a chance to learn more about firearms and the "American way" than any other medium that I can think of.

I'm pleased to think of all the friends I have made here, not just from the US but all over.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

It can't benefit you if you leave it. :(
"That'll Be The Day"
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Place to gain leveraction knowledge and vent once in a while.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

All true, but it is disappointing to see the occasional "I can't take it anymore" post from someone who leaves in a huff after being somehow offended by spirited dialogue, usually between two OTHER people and not even the one leaving. I just can't get too shook up about that though - if someone's skin is that easily bruised, how do they stand in line at the grocery, or go to the doctor, or serve in the armed forces, without hearing 'offensive' things?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

rangerider7 wrote:It can't benefit you if you leave it. :(

Exactly!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I am sorry to see anyone be offended and leave. That said, We all must understand that not everyone thinks exactly the same way. I have met new friends through this forum, and even had the privilege to hunt with some of the members here. Joe always puts together a great hunt, and I like everyone whom I have hunted with. If you leave, you might be giving up the opportunity to straighten out someone who is a little off track. There have been a couple of times I got annoyed here, but I'd really like to sit down over a cup of coffee and talk to the ones I thought were wrong. Maybe they were better informed. If I leave, I'll never know.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Thank you Joe, for all the good things you bring to this forum. This is a great place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I hang around for the retirement program.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Griff wrote:I hang around for the retirement program.
Sorry. BoBo disincluded it from the Bailout...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I am a certified ba$tard, I have the papers to prove it. I was adopted when I was 10 months old from a children's home. In my 50 plus years I have been called everything imaginable and a lot of it came from family members. With three and a half years as a LEO it has gone a lot farther than that.
I still consider this site to be populated with the finest bunch of Christian gentlemen I have ever had the pleasure to know. I would like to each and every one of you for your presence and input. We laugh together, we cry together, and most important we pray together.
God bless you one and all,
Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Well said 86er.
This is a great place to enjoy and learn and contribute to.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Well said Joe!!

I've been very fortunate to have met several of the group here and
consider them all very special people. I've never been a guy that
makes friends easily but I feel I've made several here.
That day I spent shooting critters in PA with you and Mike was a day I'll
not easily forget! Never thought I'd get to see someone shoot a yak
with a .45-75!! That was Cool!!

And the weekend I spent shooting lever action sil. with wcf3030 ( John K.)
A guy I'd never met before but after spending a couple days with I found that
I've never met anyone with more knowledge and passion for the history of guns and
ammunition.

And 1886 (Gary W.) that calls me out of the blue just to bs about guns and shooting.

I've learned a lot hanging around here and made some good friends.

Hope everyone sticks around!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Well said.

I came here seeking levergun knowledge. There is many life times of knowledge here.
People here are kind ,curtious, humble (most of the time) and won't hesitate to razz you when given the oppertunity.Levergun,hunting , outdoor enthusists . Perfect gentlemen to hang around with.

Plus I don't know anybody besides the people on this site that has interest in leverguns and sixguns like I do. Just good people. It's always a pleasure stopping in.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

That's two of us! :lol:

Seriously, there are some great folks here or who have been here who have taught me a lot. It has been a joy to converse with most everyone here.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Joe's right, this is a place full of benefits. I have met some really great people here and have learned more in a couple of years of hanging around ya'll then in a lifetime of trying to figure it out on my own.
Ricky

DWWC
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

The best forum and the greatest people ever. :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

RKrodle wrote:Joe's right, this is a place full of benefits. I have met some really great people here and have learned more in a couple of years of hanging around ya'll then in a lifetime of trying to figure it out on my own.
It also tends to be a gathering point for individuals who share a do-it-yourself attitude and expertise about a wide variety of "OT" subjects, and I'd bet the average IQ on this forum is several notches above average. So...if there's something I'm trying to figure out about computers, wood splitting, lawn mower repair, welding, or making stew - I try here first. (...and nearly always remember to put "OT" before the post... :oops: ) Same if I have an obscure question about Chinese history or weather balloons or whatever!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Old Ironsights wrote:
Sorry. BoBo disincluded it from the Bailout...
Better than a 401K; it's still worth as much as when you started. :lol: Wait... that wasn't funny!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Yep, I may not come around as often as I used to, but I still love popping in here on a somewhat regular basis, even if just in the background. Plus, I actually got to meet a bunch of great guys on the Texas safari last summer. What a great time that was.

As for the retirement program, I'm just waiting to get my "Emeritus" status. After all, I did actually register a few weeks before JMiller on the original forum. :mrgreen:

All the best, gents.

Scott
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I come here because you all let me. No other place would have me!

In all seriousness, it is for everything thus far listed. I find that this place gives me a chance to decompress, destress, hang out with fellow levergunners and all around great people, and I learn something each and every visit. I look forward to meeting many of you in person as time goes by.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

You guys all make great points.
Besides learning so much from so many of you on so many different topics, its that warm sitting around the campfire feeling I get here like when hunting with my buddies(which I consider of you guys)
or like when you meet some of them at Mcdonalds in the Morning for Coffee.
I think 99.99% of the people on here are good caring people that are looking for all the things listed above in this thread,

Also it sure helps with our great Moderators(Hobie/AmBracol)they give us enough freedom and respect to let our feelings reflect a real truthfullness of expression and freedom. And--------

Thank you Paco Kelly so much!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless all you guys!
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

AJMD429 wrote:
RKrodle wrote:Joe's right, this is a place full of benefits. I have met some really great people here and have learned more in a couple of years of hanging around ya'll then in a lifetime of trying to figure it out on my own.
It also tends to be a gathering point for individuals who share a do-it-yourself attitude and expertise about a wide variety of "OT" subjects, and I'd bet the average IQ on this forum is several notches above average. So...if there's something I'm trying to figure out about computers, wood splitting, lawn mower repair, welding, or making stew - I try here first. (...and nearly always remember to put "OT" before the post... :oops: ) Same if I have an obscure question about Chinese history or weather balloons or whatever!

first, last, only.
don't have the time or inclination to go elsewhere.
well maybe just a peek.
///nice place///
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
TxHunter
Levergunner

Post by TxHunter »

I can add nothing to what has already been said , but when I get home at 0200
(and right after I read the obits in the local paper to see if I need to go to work the next day ) this is the first place I head to relax and recreate . There a bunch of fine people (and a few ol' fogies on here) and I appreciate everyone of you !!

de KB5AMX
Mike (TxHunter)
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

I am probably the odd ball with guns on this forum. I am an "accumulator" of guns, tons of ammo, scopes, trinkets of all sorts including re-loading equipment, but because I don't have a close friend who does ditto likewise, I tend to not shoot much at all in the last 15 years. But I come to the forum, and often I find a friend who just did some good thing with rifle shooting or handgun practice, and I am at your side doing it with you vicariousely. You men have given me something I would have been totally without had I not found you.

Virtually every day I see Hobie on the job, commenting, adding, correcting when he has to in gentleness. I see an attitude here, that represents what owning guns is really all about. I've PM'd several of you over the times, and always got back good feedback and comments. Guns I've bought here were always excellent buys. Thanks, to you all, I won't be leaving, you're family.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[What benefit does it do to utilize this forum?]

To be here makes me feel "at home".

ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Been here a while now, don't post a whole lot but do when I think I can contribute. Took me a long time to reach 500 posts on the old board and I'm still a long way from that here. However I spend a lot of time here most every day, its home, a place to relax and learn, to laugh and learn and sometimes to cry too, to share experiences I'll probably never get to do myself. It would be a sad world without this place.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Pete44ru wrote:[What benefit does it do to utilize this forum?]

To be here makes me feel "at home".

Yep, that's it, in 10 words or less.
Old Law Dawg
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I'm a relative newb to the forum. This is my favorite due to the simplicity and not having 50 or 60 sub-forums to sift through (AR15.com is impossible to navigate)

My only real complaint is how much money you fellas have cost me in the past few months :lol: When i came here, i had an affinity for shooting anything that went bang and didnt see the difference between a Uberti and a Colt. I also did not like 1895 winnies before i got here, but now i am obsessively searching for the right one, and when i post about Italian Sharps replicas, you guys tell me to get a Shiloh ! :lol:

So shame on you fellas for making me obsess over real Colts, Vintage Marlin's ,Winchesters and Shiloh Shaps'.
I can do the same thing with my Rugers' and off the rack new production Marlins --- but doing it your way costs 3 times as much :lol: :shock:
----- Doug
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

This is a terrific forum! It's the only one I contribute to ocassionally,
and the folks here are kind enough to let me. There is a lot of expertise
about a LOT of subjects among the members of this forum, and most
of you are very generous about sharing it. You're a fine group of people.

-Stretch
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Each forum has it's own unique personality. This is created by it's members, moderators, administrators and owners. I once added up all the forums I'd signed up to be members in and it was well over two dozen. Most of the real good forums, but with a few exceptions none of them have what this forum has.
Knowledge, simplicity, a group of people who like what I like and are willing to share knowledge and sometimes parts and pieces too.

Over the last couple years I've slowly stopped visiting all but a half dozen of the forums I belong to. Spending more and more time right here. I've learned a lot. Got a lot. And done my living level best to share that which I can here.

This place is a family. Some members you wanna hug, some you wanna slug. But on the whole this place is great. It hurts us all when we loose someone, that should be obvious by the way we all rallied around to convince Mike not to leave. And we all rejoice when we get a new member.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I am here because you are the most consistent group of friends I have. In my line of work I move a lot but I know any where there is a computer I can get a hold of of y'all and talk with folks that know me.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Spot on,
Since I retired, this is where I hang out, most of us seem to be able to laugh at each others antics, and once in a while manage to be of help to someone.