Federal goes CAST!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Federal goes CAST!!!

Post by Old Ironsights »

Ok, so they still load it too slow, but still:

PREMIUM VITAL-SHOK HANDGUN HUNTING

P357J
357 Magnum
180 / 11.66
CastCore

P41B
41 Rem. Magnum
250 / 16.2
CastCore

P44E
44 Rem. Magnum
300 / 19.44
CastCore

http://federalcartridge.com/ballistics/ ... llet_id=25
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

Federal has been loading these for several years. The first ammunition was loaded with commercial bullets from Cast Performance, an LBT design.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Cast Bullet Hunter wrote:Federal has been loading these for several years. The first ammunition was loaded with commercial bullets from Cast Performance, an LBT design.
Why haven't I seen them on the Federal Site before? I'm there fairly frequently... :?: :?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

Cool, It's nice to see any new load for the .41 Mag.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Yes, they have been out for a few years. I mostly saw them advertised in the gun rags and have seen them on Midways website. I imagine they are not a real big seller.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Very nice. I have used Federals 200 gr. LSWCHP's in 44 Special for years, with great results in my SBH. I guess they are swaged and not cast. Nice to see these offerings. Still wish for a factory low-mid velocity 44 mag. utilizing a true Keith style 250 gr. bullet(the Mt. Baldy version would do).
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Federal...what can you say...only that they are terrific! Keep it up...the levergun, sixgun revolution continues to spread worldwide.

LeverBob
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I never see them in the stores. :(
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I've never seen them either. I have read about them though. As usual they don't have anything for my caliber :x

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Gihon
Levergunner

Post by Gihon »

I've got the 24" model and like it pretty well. For jacketed bullets, it seems to have a preference for Hornady XTP's. For lead bullets it shoots Lyman 358156 gas check bullets pretty well. You have to be careful of your cartridge oal on heavier bullets such as a Keith style lead or the Remington 180 grain SJHP as they will not feed properly.

My 24" Win. Legacy is not as sensitive to cartridge length and has had no problems with any bullet that I have loaded for it. They are both equally fine rifles.
Gihon
Levergunner

Post by Gihon »

I've got the 24" model and like it pretty well. For jacketed bullets, it seems to have a preference for Hornady XTP's. For lead bullets it shoots Lyman 358156 gas check bullets pretty well. You have to be careful of your cartridge oal on heavier bullets such as a Keith style lead or the Remington 180 grain SJHP as they will not feed properly.

My 24" Win. Legacy is not as sensitive to cartridge length and has had no problems with any bullet that I have loaded for it. They are both equally fine rifles.

SORRY, THIS WAS MEANT AS A REPLY TO A DIFFERENT POST. :oops: