Best 30-30?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Best 30-30?

Post by shdwlkr »

All of my 30-30's don't have any marlins but can't say they are no good just don't have any.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Where could I go to get all the parts for one of these? I already have the barrel, receiver, and lever. I always run into a wall when I try to order because I guess the parts are different from 94 to 94.
http://www.winchesterguns.com/services/parts/index.asp

I've already ordered from them (it's Browning) and they are fast and the parts are sooo cheap. I'm going to order some extra firing pins soon. Download the full catalog and check it carefully to make sure you are getting the right era of '94 (mine are AE's with tang safety).
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Jaguarundi,
You can put multiple pictures in each post. No need to make a post for each pic.
Great pics though.

El Chivo,
Browning / Winchester doesn't carry parts for the pre USRAC top eject models. Unless the parts fit both versions you'll have to look elsewhere. Also the new firing pins used on the rebounding hammer rifles are skeletonized. I don't know how good they'd work in an earlier version.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
ohio hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ohio hunter »

I like both marlin and Winchester leverguns. I am not very emotional about guns and usually have an open mind and can own all/any brands that are safe, accurate and accessible.I own two 30-30 at this time, a 336 marlin and an H&R "Topper" with the latter being my favorite (today). Never met a Winny I didnt like but mor Marlins seem to follow me home. My pal has two 788 with one NIB yet. I really like them. Here is pic of a very handi(pun intended) rifle.
You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

My one & only .30 WCF: a Browning 1885 "traditional Hunter", 28" OEM barrel, Leopold 6.5X20 Variable 'scope. W/ the proper rifle management will put 5 shot under 2" @ 200 yds....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.