OT - Eddie Baur Files Chapter 11; Attn: JohndeFresno et al

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

OT - Eddie Baur Files Chapter 11; Attn: JohndeFresno et al

Post by don Tomás »

Hey John, you see where our [sarcasm] favorite [/sarcasm] "Outdoor Outfitter" filed for Chapter 11? I hate to see any business in danger of going under, especially one who deals in firearms and reloading supplies. Maybe that's what happens when you refuse to be the least bit competitive with your prices???
Tom

(Better use those Father's Day Eddie Baur Gift Cards sooner rather than later)

Eddie Bauer Bowing Out? Local Stores Still Open(link)

No word yet if the Central Valley will have to do without Eddie Bauer. The "Outdoor Outfitter" announced on Wednesday, it's filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. For now, the stores at Fig Garden and at the Tulare (Fresno CA) outlets are operating as normal and all gift cards are being honored.

Last edited by don Tomás on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: OT - Eddie Baur Files Chapter 11; Attn: JohndeFresno et al

Post by Mike D. »

I suffer no felt loss for the "Baur Empire". I do not patronize full bore retail outfitters, especially greedy ones like them. Their situation is a direct result of their business practices, and a justified end for them. :|
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Gee, I wonder why? :roll:
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Shazzam!

Thanks for the info, Don Tomas. I have made a couple of good purchases during their "sales," but their prices were usually quite steep.
Last edited by JohndeFresno on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Guess they weren't big enough not to fail. Image
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

My first contact with Eddie Baur was as a kid. Back in the about 1970 I found a Baur catalouge... and wore it out drooling.

About all they offered back then was a good line of goose down jackets, Pendelton wool goods and some world- class fly rods and fishing gear. I recall they had some serious backpacking goods too.

A few years ago they sorta became "Lands End" and lost the real market that built the business. See what happens when you sell your soul to yuppies?
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Hmmmm...I wonder if that means Ford won't be selling those over-priced Eddie Bauer edition trucks anymore... :roll:

Of course, the feds could always rescue EB and that way Government Motors can use the label.....
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Eddie Bauer is just another retailer who started out as a family owned business that was bought up by the 'retail merchants' and has gotten far away from the original business and now is going down because the average joe has lost his job or is afraid he will and can't spend the cash for the imported goods they are selling at inflated prices. We will see more of this in days to come.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

My, oh my! Wherever will I get my cotton twill pleated front button fly chinos and imported deck shoes with the little tassels? :o Oh, wait! I'm NOT QUEER! Never mind!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

I had no idea that Eddie Bauer handled anything except yuppie outdoor clothing made in China. When a local Eddie Bauer store opened in my area, that seemed to be ALL they sold, and I never went back.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Rexster, that signature line clears things up about as well as if I were to tell you that it was the shufly on my martingale! :lol:
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Travis Morgan wrote:Rexster, that signature line clears things up about as well as if I were to tell you that it was the shufly on my martingale! :lol:
Gotta stimulate conversation somehow! Perhaps, though, I am just causing Google or Wikipedia to get a few hits. I keep expecting someone to chide me for misspelling "wakizashi."
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.