OT - Reality is about to set in again...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Reality is about to set in again...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Today was my last day of vacation. I have been off since Thursday, December 20, 2007. Decided to take off vacation all the days my children were off school. I really needed the break from work, though I did keep up with a few things. And I really, REALLY wanted to spend the time with the wife and kids, since my job has me traveling quite a bit. Mission accomplished on both fronts, though I wish I had a bit more time off, as the holidays always seem hectic. January is simply too busy of a month for me to take any additional time though.

Come January 18 I'll celebrate my 20th anniversary with my employer. Got another 18 or so to go at least... :shock:
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Congrats on time well spent! (On vacation, I mean).
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Glad you had the time off Kid...time well spent. Good fortune this coming year.

LeverBob
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Glad to hear You could enjoy the Holidays. I work in a large retail meat shop and life gets ugly around the first of november,stays that way through Christmas, and with new-years it's all over.... I can now take a deep breath for another year. :shock: .Jim.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I took the roughly the same days, went back yesterday :( .
More blueprints, more issues. At least the sight is fairly dry. :?
This leads me to post another thread....
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

I just got back to work yesterday...I was on vacation since the 21st...
It was really great to just bum around....hunt, spend time with
the parents, went shooting....and watched a ton of westerns...
Worked around the house....
It surely was hard to go back.....
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Good for you YK, it is hard to beat time spent with your family :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT - Reality is about to set in again...

Post by 66GTO »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Come January 18 I'll celebrate my 20th anniversary with my employer. Got another 18 or so to go at least... :shock:
I've been retired 4 1/2 years now. Eighteen years seems like a long way to go, but it kind of sneaks up on you.

A word to the wise, plan now for retirement (meaning save for retirement now). I am living comfortably in my retirement, but realize now I could have saved more during my working years. I would have more money for guns today if I had :(
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Ysabel Kid, It sounds like you had a good vacation and it also seems that you enjoy whatever you do for a living and your boss. My Dad loved his job abd the guys who worked for him but he hated his boss for all the 30 years he worked at that job. He always told us boy's that if we found a job and boss that we really liked then "we would never have to work for a living" It didn't take me long to find out what he really meant. Mike
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

What's a vacation?

WTG, tomorrow I will have 14 yrs with current boss.

Jan 18 is my b-day.

Nice post makes me think of things, lol
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

"Come January 18 I'll celebrate my 20th anniversary with my employer. Got another 18 or so to go at least"

Lord do I know that feeling......in April I'll have 22 years with another 22 to go to retire at age 62! Some days it feels like I have 'golden' handcuffs on and I am counting down my sentence until I am set free.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

My wife and I spent the week between Christmas and New Years in Charlesto, South Carolina. I wanted to check to see if anyone here was from that area but couldn't log in to ask. We are back and I can get in here thanks to 1886 and Hobie and anyone else.

We take these cold weather trips to warmer areas as a present to each other and a relaxing getaway. It started when my daughter was in the WVU band and we followed them to bowl games in the 90's.

(PLEASE NOTE THE OUTCOME OF THE WVU/OKLAHOMA GAME :D :D :D )

As far as work goes, I have 19 months, 4 days to go until I'm eligable for an early retirement with bennies ... not that I'm counting!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

congrats to a well deserved and a well taken vacation. blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

I start mine tomorrow.;)
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at