Another new form of Gun Control

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Another new form of Gun Control

Post by madman4570 »

Check this out!
Have owned my original home I bought 31 years ago,also have close to a couple hundred acres of woods.wife and I have worked in NYS for over 60 years(paid all those great NYS taxes)both out of the good old pay checks and all those great school and property taxes in NYS.Now because this is my second home(Now because I also own and live in another home in Pa but still keep my NYS place for my retreat home)I now am a Pa resident for the past 6 years (grew up and went to school in Pa)
Here is what they did with the hunting Licenses:
NYS Resident (small & big game) last season=$19 this season=$29

Non Resident (but home and land owner of property where hunting) last season=$165 this season $225
Bottom Line for me to hunt at my own place the non resident hunting license cost me aprox. $200 more than my neighbors resident license down the good old road?

Isnt America really getting more wonderful year by year ?????? :roll:
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Re: Another new form of Gun Control

Post by DBW »

It's not really gun control... just another tax.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

But I see/feel it as another way to discourage hunters that live(though a lot of times I "LIVE at my OWN place!" from hunting.
Bottom,I am just upset because I own the land and I have to buy a non-resident hunting license?
Last edited by madman4570 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I face the same thing with N.M & Az.
N.M state police said that they have no methodology to transfer my Az. CCW to New Mexico, but I have to give up my Az. D/L to register my vehicles in N.M.
How is that going to look to a cop, I show my N.M. D/L and my Az. CCW?
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Don't pay it. That is the only way the parasitic, maggot politicians are going to hear you. Just stop paying the "fees". 1886.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

1886 wrote:Don't pay it. That is the only way the parasitic, maggot politicians are going to hear you. Just stop paying the "fees". 1886.
Just be prepared for the Tax Nazis to come down on you like a brick if they find you out. Life... nothing but choices.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

DBW wrote:
1886 wrote:Don't pay it. That is the only way the parasitic, maggot politicians are going to hear you. Just stop paying the "fees". 1886.
Just be prepared for the Tax Nazis to come down on you like a brick if they find you out. Life... nothing but choices.
You are right. It will take a lot more than just one. It will take many. 1886.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I will have to ask one of the COs I know, but IIRC here in IN a land owner with title & deed - "resident" or not - is entitled to Land Owner/Resident hunting "priveleges"... especially if the land in question is agricultural land or set aside in one of the (low tax) state "land trusts" for hunting puropses....
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I realize that you are attached to your NY place but if I were you, I'd sell the place in NY and buy land in PA. The heck with NY taxes....
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

You're hunting your own land? Screw them - don't pay the tax! :evil:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

no, we are not talking about any type of land taxes etc. I mean this added $200 cost is because of you having to buy a Non-Resident Hunting license.If you dont pay it then you simply dont get a hunting license and the NYS Conservation Dept. (game warden)would arrest you if you were to say shoot a deer without a proper license during deer season! That I definetly "would not" do!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

You don't need a lic. to kill your own deer here.

If you want to kill the King's deer you need a lic.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Forget the hunting part. How about the fact that if your not a NY resident anymore its simply illegal & no way around it for you to have a handgun on your own land. NYS has some beautiful country, but it stinks in every way that counts IMO. I'd sell the NY real estate & but some in PA.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Check your regulations. In Wisconsin you don't need a small game license if you are hunting on your own land. The same thing is true here . Even if you own land in state but are not a resident you have to buy a non resident license. The problem is the the NY dept of natural resources (or what ever the controlling body is) feels that they need more money for doing nothing for wildlife habitat. WI DNR has been kept in check by the legislation every time they try to raise license fees. A few bucks is one thing but a 50% increase. There is usually a public out cry to legislation when the DNR gets crazy about raising rates.

I also have known people in the past who were living out of state, that had a sibling buy a deer license and they would fill the tag for them. This is illegal , but they like you had a hard time justifiing paying the big$$ for putting meat in the freezer. The WI DNR brings in I beleive about 2 million dollars a day for hunting ,fishing,boating,atv, etc. fees.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I have a NYS lifetime license that cost $350. I can hunt in NYS forever - big and small game - without ever making an effort to get another license. The license shows up every year to whatever address - in whatever State - I designate. It is a bargain considering the increase prices for resident licenses. If you can show residence just one time through mortgage statements, utility bill, etc. the lifetime license would be worth it.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

86er,
Nope I have current utility bills etc. on my home there that I pay every year.Also remember my pa home is only 6 miles away on the Pa border??????????/
Electric/propane/oil/ They want a NYS drivers License period.
House/property taxes and all utilities dont work! I had the whole mountain laser surveyed/which when they did it I camcorded the whole event for 2 weeks and also have the land gated/posted/security cameras etc. So when I am on that mountain its just me.Anyone else they get arrested.No more Mr. nice guy.Also the other couple hundred acres on the very backside is my wifes cousins which they live in California and they have me their land gardian.I use to let a couple friends hunt but they blew that by bringing their uninvited friends and the last time several years back they shot 3 yearlings (2 gut shot,1 shot up the rear) and had them laying under my wifes clothes line.They were tiny.Along with this after letting one friend 3 years back take a couple dead downed trees for fuel he brought his nephew and that kid cut 2 LIVE 18" dia WALNUT trees for him to try and make table tops? Moral of the story right now its me and the wife/daughter period.I Do have a nephew that use to always hunt with me, but now he has his own big peice of land.Its like the lottery EVERYBODY and ANYBODY "always" askings "HEY CAN I" NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same with the idiots bugging me to put in Gas Wells.No thanks get lost! I am kinda like Dennis Hopper in the movie Hoosiers when Gene Hackman goes to Hoppers house for the assitant coaching job and dennis comes out with the good ole double barrel "IDENTIFY" Thats me Pal!! :mrgreen:

Now 3 miles from my Pa home my nephew has 1040 of big wooded acres (he and wifes farm) which I can hunt anytime I want to ($20 license cost)just he hunts his alone.Guy is an unreal hunter.I have always let that kid hunt right with me on my place (great kid) but now he only hunts his place and thats it.Like I stated above.(he does keep bugging me to hunt with him but its just I like my place better/wake up have a coffee/ walk out the back door in the woods 40ft away and your on your way! I might sometime hunt with him on his in Pa place if he pays(no he wont,I would have to buy his Non Resident for him--he is as he calls it "FRUGAL" and comes back and hunts on mine with me? I guess I will just shut up and pay the $225??? Good cause I guess?????????
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

And some folks wonder why we have low opinions of politicians.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Here's how Indiana handles it... it's a quid-pro-quo system.
Non-resident landowner according to the exemption that the non-resident’s state provides for Indiana residents. While hunting, the non-resident must possess proof of ownership (i.e., tax receipt) of the farmland. Owners of Indiana farmland, their spouses and children who live with them are exempt from license requirements while hunting or trapping on their land if they are residents of a state that allows an Indiana resident the same exemption in that state.

Landowners who are residents from states that do not allow an Indiana resident the same exemption must have and carry a valid non-resident license to hunt any wild animal. All non-resident landowners are required to have a valid non-resident license when hunting on land other than their own.
The odd thing is that it essentially skips right past the "resident liscense" and straight to "non-resident".

If you are a Landowner AND a Resident, you don't need a general license to hunt your own land (I'm pretty sure you still need a deer tag though because they are a seperate system. You don't need a "hunting license" to hunt deer, just the appropriate deer tag.)

Somebody with a piece of property divided by a "State Line" with a "nonreciprocal" State really needs to argue this one in court...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Very Interesting!