scope problems

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
oneshothunter
Levergunner

scope problems

Post by oneshothunter »

hey guys we<brotherinlaw> and I are having a problem .. hope you all can help ..he got a marlin 336 30-30 weaver shoot through rings and a centerpoint scope the problem we are having is the gun is shooting low <7inch> we cant adjust the scope to get any closer . now the thing I think is wrong is the scope and heres why I have the same gun same rings and same scope on my marli 336 . 30-30 and its great adjusted fine dieled in right away 1 inch groups at 100yrds .. so is there somthing im missing or is it the scope ?any help would be great thanks :D
meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

4 possible reasons:

you're adjusting it wrong.

the forward scope ring is not screwed down all the way.

the forward scope ring is taller than the rear.

the scope is bad.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

First thing I would do is take off those ridiculous see-through mounts and install a set of regular low weaver mounts. The closer the scope is to the bore the better off you'll be, for a number of reasons. If it still won't adjust to your liking, swap scopes around.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[First thing I would do is take off those ridiculous see-through mounts and install a set of regular low weaver mounts.]

Tsk, tsk. Now,now, Ted - Remember your New Years resolution. ;)

Besides,you know how much easier those high mount/rings make carrying the gun like a suitcase ! :roll: :lol: :lol:

And........... ya don't even need a sling ! :shock:
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

OK, big problem.
I used to work at an American scope manufacture place.
If you can lay your hands on a set of machinists v-blocs,lay the scope in the blocks focused on a + drawn on a piece of paper on a far wall.
Look through the scope while on the + and rotate it around the axis of the scope tube.
Does it stay centered on the + ?
Many scopes suffer from the tube not being parallel to the c/l of sight picture
oneshothunter
Levergunner

Post by oneshothunter »

mescalero1 i will get back to you on that my brother inlaw is bring his gun orver so we can look at it much more ...I will post up when we find whats going on and or ask for more help lol
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

mescalero1 wrote:... focused on a + drawn on a piece of paper on a far wall.
Look through the scope while on the + and rotate it around the axis of the scope tube.
Does it stay centered on the + ?...
GOOD INFO!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!