I think my wife is trying to kill me

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

I think my wife is trying to kill me

Post by Bitmap »

Tonight for dinner she made stew from the leftovers of a venison roast and she made scratch biscuits to go with it.

I'm so full I'm about to die.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Sounds like I should head to your house for dinner.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
45-70-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45-70- »

You come here, to complain about that! You wont get no sympathy from us...........

By the way, are there any leftovers?
I am a salty, old, retired Chief Petty Officer who is not impressed by much.

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our situation." Chesty Puller

Member of Marlin Firearms forum '02-'04
Member of Marlin Talk forum '04-?
Member of original Leverguns forum '04-'07
Member of new Leverguns forum '07-?
Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

45-70- wrote:
Not much. When I started hearing the stretching in my stomach I thought I'd better stop.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Bitmap,

Got a dog? They'll eat anything, and you wouldn't have to eat so much :twisted: .

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

45-70- wrote:You come here, to complain about that! You wont get no sympathy from us...........
Ditto. :evil:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

You are kidding us , right?
Where did you find a woman that knows how to biscuts from scratch?
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Scratch Bisquets? Bisquick? People still do that? Wow. I have not had scratch bisquets since my great grand ma died over 25 yrs ago. Good eats. 1886.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

I feel a remodel coming on! Be careful :D
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Dave could be right. I smell honey-do mellon. 1886.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I keep thinking of all that good Okie milk gravy(made with whole milk, bacon drippings and Browned flour) and homemade biscuits that I ate as a younster...... :P :P makes my arteries harden up just thinking about it! I miss my Grandma's cookin. My wife's from New Jersey. If it doesn't go in a toaster, cluck, or get served on a hoagie roll, you ain't havin it:roll:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

My Granny hated my Mom. Just the way it was. My Dad is a only child and his Mom(Granny) used to spoil him some kinda bad. Hand fed him until he went into the Air Force. NO joke.

Any way Granny was not about to give Mom her secret recipes and such. But she didn't want to take them to the grave. So she taught me. Now my own mother says that Granny would pick me over her own son so that should give you some idea of my standing in Granny's eyes. I could do no wrong :D.

Long way around to telling you that I a 40 something yr old man knows how to make a scratch bisquits and milk gravy with scrambled eggs so light you have to keep your bisquit on em or they will float away! I learned how to catch chickens and can foods from her as well. I am comforted by the knowledge that I can supply my family with all the stuff needed for a happy life.

Now do you think I could interest any of my sons in learning these things!?
Thankfully my daughter has shown a willingness to be around me and asks a lot of questions.
Last edited by crawdaddyjim on Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Ysabel Kid

Re: I think my wife is trying to kill me

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Bitmap wrote:Tonight for dinner she made stew from the leftovers of a venison roast and she made scratch biscuits to go with it.

I'm so full I'm about to die.
It wouldn't be the worst way to go! :wink:
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Cash,

I come from a long line of Okies, and neither my wife nor her mama can cook! Apparently, they think spice racks are just for decoration! I think they're conspiring to "Bland" me to death!

On eating 'til you're stuffed: I was in goodwill for their $1.10 sale the other day, and saw the perfect thing for when I make a big batch of hillbilly food: Maternity BDU pants! The elastic top would be dandy for the times I try to founder myself on good cookin'!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Married my near perfect wife of 23+ yrs mainly because she can cook with the best of 'em. She'd be perfect if I could just get her to be a gun nut.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Invite me over. She can try to kill me, too! :mrgreen:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Gun Runner

Post by Gun Runner »

My wife cant COOK. Before we were married her kids (from a previous marriage) knew when dinner was ready by the smoke alarm going off or a pot on fire sailing into the back yard. When I started cooking the kids used to ask what it was becuse it wasant burnt. I learned to cook when I was around 10, and keep trying to learn new things.

Gun Runner
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

The only time my wife cooks is some fancy stuff to impress people at office parties. At home, it's all bland stuff or frozen pizzas. There's so many pizza crumbs on the bottom of the oven that it always smokes when she fires it up, so, when I walk in the house and smell smoke, I ask, "Whatcha burnin?". We've been together long enough that there's nothing she can cut me off from.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Sounds like you'll go a happy man! :lol:
nralover
Levergunner 2.0

Post by nralover »

All the guys at work envy me because I eat deer roast, homemade bread, chicken and dumplings, fried catfish, blackberry cobbler, steamed asparagus and the like, while their wives send them Lunchables. Yes you read that correctly- LUNCHABLES!
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

My wife cant make buscuits, she makes them big ol light fluffy things, I like the thin hard ones that'll soak up a quart of gravy.
She does make the best scratch pecan or buttermilk pies you ever et, so I let her stay :wink:
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Sunday morning and were talken bout biscuits and gravy! :D My wife don't cook much either, but ifin you can talk yours into sharin the hows on them biscuits, I'll give it a try.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Oh boy my wife can cook!
Just about everyone in the family can cook....

But in my earlier years...I dated a girl who was a lousy cook...
The first meal she cooked...I couldn't eat it....I couldn't tell you
what it was....
So I gave it to the dog....and he wouldn't eat it either
and he started licking his butt.....
She asked ..........."Why is he licking his butt"?

He's trying to get the taste out of his mouth!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

You're a lucky man to be killed off in such a fine manner! :D

My wife has only made about a dozen meals, in our 21 years of marriage.
She married a chef. :D I had 5 1/2 years of schooling, 2 degrees, then training with manic depressive, screaming, European masters. I got out of the trade 1 year after we were married. That industry has the 2nd highest divorce and alchoholic rate. Cooking is like anyother "trade". Once you learn how to do it right, it becomes second nature.
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by stormspotter »

Same thing happened to me a while back. Home made stew (seconds of course), home made bread (3 big slices) and two big tumblers of iced tea. A half hour later the bread began to swell and I thought I was going to die. :roll:
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

My wife has made very few things I just couldn't eat.

One time she made a fish dinner with some sort of
marinade that was just God-awful. I couldn't eat it,
and it became obvious that neither could she! We
decided to give it to the cat. He took one sniff, turned
up his nose, and walked away. We still laugh about
tha one! :lol:
rroberts
Levergunner

Post by rroberts »

Today my wife made a vegetable lasagna for lunch. After lunch she asked me what I thought? Only thing I could come up with was "somewhere some poor rabbit was starving to death." That didn't go over to well. You would think after 28 years of marriage she would know that I was a meat and potatoes guy.
... Rusty
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I had Yack meatballs, and boar sausagein my spaghatti this evening. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

I would love to come for a visit!!!!!!!! Art :D
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Do they get juice boxes if they're good?
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Bitmap
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bitmap »

Travis Morgan wrote:Do they get juice boxes if they're good?
I must be slow. What are you talking about?