what is the one

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
a357lever
Levergunner 2.0

what is the one

Post by a357lever »

what gun do u wish u never sold top one or two, you know the ones that break your heart. for me a new in the box 1967 2 1/2"colt royal blue python. but i could go on.... :(
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: what is the one

Post by Old Savage »

SAA Colt 22s, Colt New Frontier in 44 and 45.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

meanc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by meanc »

#1 Win94 Trails End 44mag. Someone was willing to pay more for it than I was willing to keep it.

#2 20" Win94 Legacy 30-30. It was the only Win94 30-30 with a 20" barrel and pistol grip I had seen out of Winchester that was available. It was NIB and never got to shoot it. But bills needed paying. I've never seen another one like it.
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

That would have been my S&W 586 Nickeled .357 4" Revolver. I made a NICE profit, but man I sure do miss her; hands down the prettiest gun I have ever owned. I kind of miss my S&W 629 .44 mag 6" stainless, but I honestly want a Ruger SBH instead.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Post '64 Win 94 30/30 Trapper. It may of had a crappy, rusted receiver that someone had painted (which came off on first contact with bore cleaner). But it already had a Williams FP and dang that thing shot straight, 1.25" 3-shot groups @100. Also really liked the short barrel. I was wanting to get into centerfire handguns at the time and traded it for a new Bryco 9mm and $50 cash 10 or 15 years ago. That Bryco was the worst handgun I've ever shot.

I missed that trapper so much I bought my current 94AE to replace it.

LK
OI phones in...
Levergunner 2.0

Post by OI phones in... »

Big thread about this already. Started by Paco IIRC...

Anyway;

#1 - FA Casull 454 w/.45acp cylinder

#2 - Stainless ROA

#3 - Stainless Ruger GP 100
I'm away from my computer right now, but if you will leave a message, I still have my Geek Tools...

GOT GUN? Get T-Shirt!! Stand up & fight Prohibition!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

My first Super Blackhawk that I bought with paper route money, when I was 16. It was beautiful in fit in finish. My life "revolved" around shooting and fondling that gun, reading my new issue of Shooting times and hanging on every word or Jordan and Skeeter. Life was good! Sold it years later while in the Army, to take out a girl who had no interest! Arrrrggghh! My second SBH is nice but that first one has a special place in my heart.

Second would be my blued GP-100 4". That pistol was so accurate it was scary. Best all around pistol available IMHO. Sold for something "better." :roll:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My very first Winchester 1894 SRC in 30 WCF. It was well used and maybe a bit abused, didn't have it's original rear sight, and the bore was a bit rough.
I kept it for two years until some old crotchety goat convinced me it was junk and I traded it off. That was like 40 years ago and I still regret it.

The last one was my Springfield M1911a1 MilSpec. One of the best .45 Autos I've ever bought. Fed anything I could fit into the magazines and hit to the sights right out of the box. Never jammed either. I sold it to pay a stupid bill.
STUPID :x STUPID :x STUPID :x STUPID :x STUPID :x MORONIC :cry: IMBECILIC :cry: IDIOTIC :x, and then next month the bill came again and I didn't have anything to sell. Nor did I have my guns to use.
I learned, NEVER NEVER NEVER sell guns to pay monthly bills. I still haven't been able to replace that pistol.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

The one I really wanted to keep was the Lew Horton 624 with Fuzzy Farrant grips.
44 Special that was my camp gun and felt perfect in my hand. It and over a dozen
others went as a lot because someone had to pay the bills and it's just me and the two girls.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

My first 39 Mounty.....35 bucks in 1969 :( What make it worse, I traded it on a new Remington thing bolt .22 that actually fell apart. :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

1. Custom Mauser in 25-60 with an outstanding piece of wood...a truly superb, well built custom Mauser. I stumbled across it in the parking lot of a gun show and paid a desperate man $800 cash. I didn't really know what I had but I knew I got it for a steal. I decided it was too nice to hunt with, so I sold it for $1,600. I thought I did very well and was proud of myself. I saw it in a local gun store about a year later for $3,500. That was one BEEE-A-U_TIFULL rifle. I still have pictures of it so I can have one made like it someday when I hit the lotto. Based on what I know know, it would cost about $3,000 to $4,000 to duplicate it.

2. HK-91. I bought it right out of college, on layaway for 6 months. I owned it fore about three years, then my wife dragged me to California. I had to sell it - no choice. I LOVED that big ugly black rifle.
Chad
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Oh, forgot one: My Custom Carry "XO" 1911. Pieced it together myself sort of like how Tuco did in Good/Bad/Ugly. Officer's lower, Commander Upper, Novaks, a little hone work..

Was a beauty carry package... :(
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

The only gun I've sold so far ... Browning 65 in 218 Bee. Hopefully I'll acquire a Winchester in the same chambering some day to replace it.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Colt 1917 Army .45........from my Dad.
S&W 27 .357..........also from my Dad...........now they're gone and so's my Dad.

..............sometimes you do stupid things when you're young..............
UNITE
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Strangely, a .357 Llama Comanche. I picked it up while stationed in Spain. To my good fortune, it's the only one I have ever had to sell. I buy em, and I keep em. I'd be batting 1000 if I still had it.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Hmmm, there's more than one. Don't want to think about it cuz i'll just start kicking myself in the rear again. :oops:
NRA Life Member
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

L.C. Smith 20 gauge about 85 %. :(
"That'll Be The Day"
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Rangerider, ouch!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

The Winnie '94 Antique in 30 WCF that I got for Christmas when I was about 13. My brother got one too at the same time. I sold mine when I needed the money, my brother kept his. I now have his, but I don't know if I'll ever get the one I sold back. I know who I sold it to so he may still have it. Just don't know where he's at. That's one I really regret. There are others.
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

M1 Garand, from Springfield armory.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Mt first revolver. A high Standard Durango 22 cal SA. Blue with a chrome backstrap. I don't know if was really as nice as I remember, but dang, I wish I had it back to pass on to my son.