do you think there is enough new cartridges?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Re: do you think there is enough new cartridges?

Post by gimdandy »

ME TOO !!!!
then I read Doc's last paragraph and realized most of us are getting real close to being old fanny burbs , and we should realize that we NEED a younger group coming up the generation ladder that are gun cranks as are we. If it takes new caliber offerings to accomplish this we better get on board with the idea. Our 2nd amendment survival may depend on an added influx of new shooters , sportsmen , hunters , etc. ,
Picking out 1 new offering every 8-10 years and purchasing it might be pretty cheap in the long run for our survival . Talk about stimulus money and it goes directly into an industry of OUR choosing which has to survive hand in hand w/ our 2nd , NRA , and US .
And looking at whats new I think maybe a 338 MX might fit my arsenal real nice . I can still take my hot rod 38-55 elk hunting .
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I don't think we need new cartridges to entice new shooters.

I think we need more new shooters to use the cartridges we already have.

If we keep loosing places to shoot, and shooters to shoot there what good are all these new things? I'm not in the market for anything new. Red gummy tips or not. What I am in the market for is a good place to shoot the ones I have. To me a 100 yard range is just about useless. Yet that's the common size I find.

WE NEED MORE places to shoot at, and more shooters to take there. That's the IT of it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
moosemike
Levergunner

Post by moosemike »

Bring back the .25-35!
"Said I didn't have a use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it"
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

I think new cartridges are fine, but it would be nice if some of the new cartridges they came out with were about being pleasant and practical rather than faster and flatter.

New cartridges keep things interesting, but the more I read about classic cartridges, the more they make sense. Why buy a .22 Hornet when the .223 is more powerful? Because sometimes a person may want to shoot a small game animal at a range beyond what a .22lr can do, but not turn that animal into a pink cloud.

It may just be where I hunt, but a cartridge that shoots flat out to 400 yards just seems like a waste of powder. I think the farthest I've ever seen a deer under hunting conditions was 60 yards and most were closer than 50. If only we could take does in Vermont.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com