OT (cuz they didn't have a lever) WOLF ATTACK link w/pics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

OT (cuz they didn't have a lever) WOLF ATTACK link w/pics

Post by Jeeps »

Pretty scary deal here :shock:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17807

A predator is a predator....
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Thats incredible! I would have done the same thing he did with the gun.
Last edited by Bigahh on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

WOW. That could have gone bad with all them kids. Good thing the adults acted instead of panicing. Nice work with that rifle thats why I carry my .45c Ruger when out in the boonies.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Incredible! Good job they had a dog keen enough to take on two Wolves at least it bought them some time!!
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

A cogent example of why you have to be armed in such areas. Imagine what would have happened if they did not have a firearm?
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Quite a story. Never underestimate the power of a good dog and a .22!

The second picture looks just like one I saw in PA. Though I've been told by a few people that it was probably a large coyote. If it was it was as big as a German sheppard. Went trotting past my cabin like he owned the place. Tried to get a picture but he was gone in a hurry. There are a lot of coyotes up there but I'd never seen one that big.

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I know it did the job this time, but I would like a little more gun if I was out in wolf country. Lucky they had the dog there to buy some time.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Mee too. :!:

Just impressed by some pertty good shooting under somewhat stressfull circumstances.

ccw9mm
Levergunner

Post by ccw9mm »

120 lb rott, bested. Puts things in perspective.

That's a pretty scary account. Could easily have been worse. I'd say they were lucky that only two wolves were there. I'll bet they are glad to have had the rifle, even a little bitty one.
Dakota Mike
Levergunner

Post by Dakota Mike »

Don't know if its true or not but on more than one instance I have heard from articles and TV that its not the people they are after but the dog that is with the people. The dog, to them, is fair game for dinner.
Mike-in-WV
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike-in-WV »

2ndovc wrote:Quite a story. Never underestimate the power of a good dog and a .22!

The second picture looks just like one I saw in PA. Though I've been told by a few people that it was probably a large coyote. If it was it was as big as a German sheppard. Went trotting past my cabin like he owned the place. Tried to get a picture but he was gone in a hurry. There are a lot of coyotes up there but I'd never seen one that big.

8)
Jason, Most of the Coyotes we have here in the east and south east are a cross breed between a Canadian Wolf and a Coyote. That's why they get so big. They are better known as a brush Wolf. Had a pack of 15 around me a few years ago Bear hunting here in WV. They were big and unafraid of me. Mike
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Mike,

That makes sense. The others I've seen have been about the same size as we have here in OH but this was every bit as big as my black lab, though not as well fed. He paid no attention to us at all. Just went trotting by like we weren't even there.

There was a story a couple weeks ago on CNN about a couple women were out walking w/ their dogs in Northern CA ( I think) and were surrounded by a pack that was after the dogs. They peppered sprayed/ yelled and screamed at the wolves and were able to get back to their vehicles. They were carrying on about how the pepper spray didn't work and so on. Was thinking the whole time a good sixgun would have been a bit more effective :D

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

All I'm thinking is; a 22 again! What a bloody good dog! Also in a land where you can purchase a hand gun freely why the hell didn't they carry one? In saying that though they did make good of a bad situation so I applause them :)
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I really like a big dog, but in the wilderness, a big dog is a real asset and can give you advance warning of trouble or buy you 30 seconds or a minute if you are caught unprepared.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Just goes to show that you should never be to far from a shooting iron. Always a good idea to keep a truck gun/4 wheeler gun. Hope your dog is ok, I am sure the whole incident embedded him as a family member if he wasnt considered one already.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

We have a young friend from Juneau visiting now and she has told us of several accounts like this. So much for the old tale of no ducumented wolf attacks.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

That brave dog saved the bacon that day. I am glad he was not hurt. And I hope he got steak for a month!!! This is why I ALWAYS carry my .45 ACP or my .40 S&W, and several extra clips!!!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!