Wolves Kill 120 sheep in one night near Dillon, MT

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Wolves Kill 120 sheep in one night near Dillon, MT

Post by winchester1886 »

The old English fellow that I used to go hunting with had relations in Africa that used to hunt Lions, but they never used big dogs they used Fox Terriers and he reckoned they would let like 20 go on one Lion and they would just overwhelm the Lion, I reckon if you let out 20 or 30 Foxy's with a half a dozen Airedales thrown in they would clear out the wolves but they would never come back, they would just chase everything they could find.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

winchester1886 wrote: ... but they would never come back, they would just chase everything they could find.
:D :D :D
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Travis Morgan wrote:Wool is only recyclable as wolf turds. I DO love my Columbia merino wool socks though. Too bad they're so expensive!
Of COURSE they're expensive... You have to pick thru a LOT of wolf turds to collect enough wool to make a pair...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Montana: Hunters buy nearly 2,600 wolf hunting licenses

Post by Travis Morgan »

Hunters purchased nearly 2,600 wolf licenses Monday, the first day they went on sale in Montana. The sales occurred on the same day U.S. District Judge Mike Molloy of Missoula heard arguments from animal rights and environmental groups seeking to block hunts in Idaho and Montana. Idaho's hunt started Tuesday as Molloy took the arguments under consideration.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=12861

Let the games begin. I'd like to see the town square in Jackson Hole with a HUGE pile of dead wolves laying around and people celebrating.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Buck Elliott wrote:
Travis Morgan wrote:Wool is only recyclable as wolf turds. I DO love my Columbia merino wool socks though. Too bad they're so expensive!
Of COURSE they're expensive... You have to pick thru a LOT of wolf turds to collect enough wool to make a pair...

That's funny, right there!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
BlueStateSaint
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlueStateSaint »

I used the article in the OP to mention how wolves actually do seem to kill for the Hell of it, on another board. Thing is, the board I posted the article on, no one really needed convincing that the wolves were bad.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

You won't need to do a whole lot of convincing here, either; at least I hope not...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Well, maybe some of the Marlin fans will need to be shown the light... :o Oh yeah; I went there.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Range safety officer