Reunited... and it feels so good!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Reunited... and it feels so good!

Post by DBW »

I sold this Detonics Mk VI .45 ACP to a friend of mine after my divorce back in 2001 so I could eat. Today, he sold it back to me for the same price of $500. :D

The thutty-thutty round gives an idea of the compactness of this beautiful firearm.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Reunited... and it feels so good!

Post by JReed »

Good deal you are blessed to have such a good friend.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

How cool is that! Great friend. Is he going through a divorce? :D I guess that's not that funny if he is. I'm hoping he isn't.
Old Law Dawg
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

kimwcook wrote:How cool is that! Great friend. Is he going through a divorce? :D I guess that's not that funny if he is. I'm hoping he isn't.
He went through one a few years back... 25 years of marriage. He remarried about a year ago and is happy once again. :lol:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Zehr gut! I "borrowed" some money with my Browning 1886 as collateral about 15 years ago... took me two years to get him to take the money back! I only needed it for a week!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
polardaddy
Levergunner

Post by polardaddy »

man those are hard to find, Good job on getting it back, been trying to make one of them myself. thats a very nice looking shooter.
Colt used to make something like that if I remember right it was a CCO basically it was a compact frame with a commander slide, great for ccw.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

DBW, haven't heard from 'ya for a while, nice to see 'yer back.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

polardaddy wrote:man those are hard to find, Good job on getting it back, been trying to make one of them myself. thats a very nice looking shooter.
Colt used to make something like that if I remember right it was a CCO basically it was a compact frame with a commander slide, great for ccw.

They are a rare gun. My former father in law traded it to me back in '87 for a Colt Commander because he was having difficulty racking the slide back on it because of his arthritis. The Detonics uses three springs and takes a firm grasp to get it to chamber a round.

UncleBuck, thanks. I've been busy driving around in circles of late, selling my wife's house in the Great White North, packing, moving and storing her things and working on filling out her immigration paperwork. Millions of lawbreaking illegal aliens will be given amnesty and citizenship no doubt long before she is given a simple greencard just because we're doing things the right way.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Glad you got it back, good to see you posting again :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

DBW wrote:
kimwcook wrote:How cool is that! Great friend. Is he going through a divorce? :D I guess that's not that funny if he is. I'm hoping he isn't.
He went through one a few years back... 25 years of marriage. He remarried about a year ago and is happy once again. :lol:
Sounds like he traded up for a newer model! :lol:
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Cool. Neat gun.
ED
Yer never too old
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
DBW wrote:
Sounds like he traded up for a newer model! :lol:
Yeah. These things happen. My parents were married 53 years before Dad went to be with the Lord. Of the five of us kids who married, all have gone through at least one divorce.