Making space on the reloading bench

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Making space on the reloading bench

Post by cnjarvis »

I'm a little shy on space at my reloading bench due to the two semi-permanently mounted presses on it so I'm forced to find another place to mount my powder measure. I've been using a "quick-grip" clamp to attatch it to the top of my single stage press but I really don't like that method as it's not terribly stable. The solution I came up with was fairly simple and looks like it will work well: A 7/8"-14TPI x 2" bolt and a washer. The shortest bolt I could find was 2" long so I took an angle grinder with a cut-off wheel to it and shortened it to about 1" of threaded shank. That took care of a lot of spinning... Now it's stable and can be stored in the cabinets above when not in use.

BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Making space on the reloading bench

Post by BenT »

Great idea with the space you have available. I have a 5 foot army desk with a vise on the corner. So all my extra stuff is screwed to a block of wood which clamped into the vise when I need it.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Great idea!
NRA Life Member
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Slick!
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
Wind
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wind »

Nice job there cnjarvis. I did this so I would be able to leave the dies in the press and still move the powder measure to where it was needed. Hope this helps. Wind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Genius!!! :D